Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove the smell of cat urine?

Options
  • 21-02-2009 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭

Have found loads of ideas on the net, but most involve bleach, ammonia, etc., and are being used for carpets and rugs.

I want to remove the smell from an old fish tank, and want to know what products would be good for removing the smell, and be non-harmful to goldfish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

White vinegar is good; and assuming you will rinse the tank very well so nothing will remain anyways?

Or baking soda also.
    DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Have found loads of ideas on the net, but most involve bleach, ammonia, etc., and are being used for carpets and rugs.

I want to remove the smell from an old fish tank, and want to know what products would be good for removing the smell, and be non-harmful to goldfish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 DaddyOSphynx

surgical spirit is ok for cat pee smells. Not sure how it would affect a fish. If you let the tank air dry then rinsed it with hot water over a couple of days it should get rid of any lingering traces. I suppose it would depend on how quickly you wanted to get fish into the clean tank :)

Advertisement