Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I challenge any Psychic on boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

strobe wrote: »
    Well you were right about not being psychic I guess. So you get a point for getting that right. :)

Wrong on four of the questions and almost right about one of the others.

Now let me try 4 more times and only put the most successful one in a video package. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭saintsaint

a-k-47 wrote: »
    do i have any problem?
    you fear your end . as other things as well , dont fear as for problems ? your human ,,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

OK I'll give this a go.... Stares into crystal ball... :D Actualy I'll just go with the first thought that hits me
    strobe wrote: »
    I'll get in on this: I'll throw out 5 questions and Saintsaint or any other psychic can have a pop at them.

1. I have only suffered one long term(took longer than a week to heal) injury in my life so far. What was it?
    Im getting medical injury? In the sense that the trauma wasnt what caused the longer recovery thing?
    2. A very good childhood freind of mine died when I was 18. How did she die?
    Heart. That's what is first into my head. Something depressed the heart.
    3. I stepped foot in a church for the first time in about five years last weekend. Why did I?
    Wedding is the first thing.
    4. I have been worrying about one particular upcoming event for the past few weeks. What is it?
    Travel. Some sort of movement from one to the other.
    5. {I'll make the last one a bit easier, even vague or guessed answers could score a few hits} I met someone in Australia last year who died a few weeks after meeting them. Tell me a few things about them.
    I'm getting nada. Crystal ball on the blink clearly. OK top of my head. Another woman. Not local. Maybe partially. This time Im getting breathing as an issue. Blonde. Well mousey. Tall.
    dlofnep wrote: »
    1) What was the name of my cousin that passed away.
    James.
    2) What was the name of my first pet.
    Max or toby??
    3) How tall am I.
    6'3

If I get even one right my palm needs crossing with silver :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Wibbs, you got one out of three :) Not bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Docnic

Ok for the record I would like to state that I am of sound mind and completely normal...but I DO believe in psychics. I had gone to a party in Belfast (we are living in Dublin) with friends and one of them brought his girlfriend. Halfway through the night we are sitting out in the smoking area and this random guy comes up to us and starts chatting. Then out of nowhere the girl starts banging out all this stuff to him e.g. that he was estranged to his parents, his brother was a druggie etc. etc. Ridiculously specific stuff about an absolute stranger in a city 200 miles away. I saw the look on his face he was stunned. Now I am as skeptical as they come but she genuinely knew things that nobody there would have known and that was the first time any of us (apart from her bf) met her.

I'm not out to persuade anyone and i know that there are hundreds of people who are peddling cr*p and getting paid a fortune for it. But I do believe that there are people out there that do have something and that we shouldn't dismiss everything simply because we can't prove it's existence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Wibbs wrote: »
    OK I'll give this a go.... Stares into crystal ball... :D Actualy I'll just go with the first thought that hits meIm getting medical injury? In the sense that the trauma wasnt what caused the longer recovery thing?

Heart. That's what is first into my head. Something depressed the heart.

Wedding is the first thing.

Travel. Some sort of movement from one to the other.

I'm getting nada. Crystal ball on the blink clearly. OK top of my head. Another woman. Not local. Maybe partially. This time Im getting breathing as an issue. Blonde. Well mousey. Tall.

:eek::eek: Ye be a witch, says I!

Not bad Wibbs, two out of five.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Wibbs wrote: »
    If I get even one right my palm needs crossing with silver :D
    ..**ahem** :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

*gives Wibbs a spoon*

If you can bend it, I'll give you more silver!

Docnic wrote: »
    Ok for the record I would like to state that I am of sound mind and completely normal...but I DO believe in psychics. I had gone to a party in Belfast (we are living in Dublin) with friends and one of them brought his girlfriend. Halfway through the night we are sitting out in the smoking area and this random guy comes up to us and starts chatting. Then out of nowhere the girl starts banging out all this stuff to him e.g. that he was estranged to his parents, his brother was a druggie etc. etc. Ridiculously specific stuff about an absolute stranger in a city 200 miles away. I saw the look on his face he was stunned. Now I am as skeptical as they come but she genuinely knew things that nobody there would have known and that was the first time any of us (apart from her bf) met her.

I'm not out to persuade anyone and i know that there are hundreds of people who are peddling cr*p and getting paid a fortune for it. But I do believe that there are people out there that do have something and that we shouldn't dismiss everything simply because we can't prove it's existence.
    please then send me on her details .. put me out of my dismay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

saintsaint wrote: »
    please then send me on her details .. put me out of my dismay

Why so you can ring her up and abuse the poor woman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

abuse ? im not you so that will never happpen ,,,,:eek:
    I see a lot of defensiveness but no demonstration of psychic ability.

Are you going to answer these people's questions or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Solas8

kylith wrote: »
    I see a lot of defensiveness but no demonstration of psychic ability.

Are you going to answer these people's questions or not?

The reason you are seeing no evidence is because there is none to be seen. He is a fraud like so many of his ilk.

He gives true psychics and much phenomena we can't understand a bad name. Just a pain in the ===

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Solas8 wrote: »
    The reason you are seeing no evidence is because there is none to be seen. He is a fraud like so many of his ilk.

He gives true psychics and much phenomena we can't understand a bad name. Just a pain in the ===
    Oh, I know. I asked a question upthread (where is my grandmother's claddagh ring) and Saintsaint came out with some nonsense about it having been stolen despite the fact that I know well where it is, having put it somewhere specific so that Saintsaint could give me an answer.

I'm not saying where it is in case Saintsaint, or anyone else, would like to have another go at divining the location.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

He gives true psychics and much phenomena we can't understand a bad name.

Yup, ruining the name of Derek Acorah and Joe Power among others.

P.

kylith wrote: »
    Oh, I know. I asked a question upthread (where is my grandmother's claddagh ring) and Saintsaint came out with some nonsense about it having been stolen despite the fact that I know well where it is, having put it somewhere specific so that Saintsaint could give me an answer.

I'm not saying where it is in case Saintsaint, or anyone else, would like to have another go at divining the location.

Yes, I PM'd saintsaint with a question I knew the answer to and when he got it wrong he used a lot of waffle to explain away the misinformation. I know there is much we do not understand regarding psychic phenomena but a fraud is easy to spot if you are not vulnerable. Sadly It’s the vulnerable these people prey on.

saint saint .. can no longer help or even be seen to advice any one .. about medium cons or other , as saint saint thread has been closed other mediums a on line posing as un mediums sorry folks they shut me down :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

I would suggest your ill thought out , baying for blood attitude has got you shut down , any not anything else . I certainly would like to see some sort of regulatory authority on these things , but until such time as there is one , named individuals are entitled to their privacy , like I have mentioned before , mediumship is a subjective thing if indeed it does exist .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

guys whats the point of attacking someone if you dont belive something then present a scientific arguement against it dont be assuming the intent of the beliver is to abuse some old womans trust ect, i dont persoanally belive in pyschic powers but my arguement would be made invalid if i simply retorted thats stupid you are all out for the money abuse of trust ect, some are no doubt but thats no argement against their reality.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    guys whats the point of attacking someone if you dont belive something then present a scientific arguement against it dont be assuming the intent of the beliver is to abuse some old womans trust ect, i dont persoanally belive in pyschic powers but my arguement would be made invalid if i simply retorted thats stupid you are all out for the money abuse of trust ect, some are no doubt but thats no argement against their reality.

Hi,
    I assume I am included in the "guys" so will respond to your comment. I am actually a healer myself, abet a sceptical one. I meet so many people who have fallen foul of people like saintsaint, people who lost a lot of their hard earned money, people who became physically a lot worse by believing they did not need critical medication. Now, when so many are seriously stressed they are even more vulnerable.

I challenged him to prove himself and he waffled. I really hoped he was genuine. He was like so many, a fraud. People are right to doubt until they receive proof.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Right 'guys' :) stick to the facts. Dont acuse anyone, including saintsaint, of defrauding people financially, unless its published fact. Saintsaint offered to do something here and failed, that is all, I dont want him made whipping boy of the week.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    I assume I am included in the "guys" so will respond to your comment. I am actually a healer myself, abet a sceptical one. I meet so many people who have fallen foul of people like saintsaint, people who lost a lot of their hard earned money, people who became physically a lot worse by believing they did not need critical medication. Now, when so many are seriously stressed they are even more vulnerable.

I challenged him to prove himself and he waffled. I really hoped he was genuine. He was like so many, a fraud. People are right to doubt until they receive proof.

Well i start out with a open mind and i decide from there contary to popular belief the majority of scientists start off with the attitude "i dont know" they do not assume a principle is false or true before analysis, i know absolutly nothing about claims about telepathy and so on but i would be useless if i went into the debate armed with no facts and assumed one thing or the other.

i simply dont know wheter people can read minds ect but if i went into a argement convince that their lying or whatever i would be biased and my findings would be useless.

but then again saint you have yet to prove anything!

prove no saint saint needs nothing like that ,, :)

prove no saint saint needs nothing like that ,, :)

Well if you dont how do you expect people to belive you?

pop down to navan town center , on 19 of this month at moes dinner , next to big macks .. see for free along with others the tru power of a real medium // ask face to face any thing , its best that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

pop down to navan town center , on 19 of this month at moes dinner , next to big macks .. see for free along with others the tru power of a real medium // ask face to face any thing , its best that way

Obvious shilling?

not at my expense saint, where i do think people have to prove their abilities is when they are charging people to avail of them, thats not fair and should be dealt with (i sound like a evil scientist)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

abuse ? im not you so that will never happpen ,,,,:eek:

Now that is just resoundingly uncalled for saintsaint.

BeatNikDub wrote: »
    Now that is just resoundingly uncalled for saintsaint.
    a you sorry for your bad talk :confused: or must i put a spel on you :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

did anybody from boards go to navan on the 19th???????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement