Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rolls Royce

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Yep,in listowel,no price up,but id say she needs a good bit of work,kilkenny plate makes it interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Yep,in listowel,no price up,but id say she needs a good bit of work,kilkenny plate makes it interesting.

Jaysus she was a Grand Tourer edition!:pac:

Those shadows are class cars,the finish is amazing,i was in a friends one recently.If i could afford to id buy one and hire a driver;):p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

That could have been Mc Callmounts Rolls.
    They owned Mount Juliet. Could still do.
    Anyway, I rem a car just like this doing the rounds locally when I was a kid in the '70s.
    Can't be many Kilkenny reg Rollers knocking about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    My boss in work has an old bentley and a old rolls but I cant remember which models though! Both are in mint condition apparently and didnt cost that much.

It's like all the big luxobarges, cheap to buy... It gets costly after that:D

Nice find Volvobaby:D

• Advertisement

It's like all the big luxobarges, cheap to buy... It gets costly after that
    Like women,easy to get with,expensive after hat.....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

They're not too expensive to run in fairness, I'm driving a 1969 Shadow at the moment and she's a lovely old thing and easy to drive too. I have a Silver Cloud too which I prefer and had a few other Silver Shadows over the years and as long as they're looked after they're fine. The 1969 Shadow's for sale by the way.;)

junkyard wrote: »
    They're not too expensive to run in fairness, I'm driving a 1969 Shadow at the moment and she's a lovely old thing and easy to drive too. I have a Silver Cloud too which I prefer and had a few other Silver Shadows over the years and as long as they're looked after they're fine. The 1969 Shadow's for sale by the way.;)

C'est ta X5 derrière la RR??

I'd say it's a tough old market to be in at the moment what your in.

Oui! So tough I'm leaving, 22 years of hard work in the motor trade down the toilet thanks to Cowen and company, a useless bunch of w@nkers, they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery, but can bail their buddies with taxpayers money. :mad:

Oui! So tough I'm leaving, 22 years of hard work in the motor trade down the toilet thanks to Cowen and company, a useless bunch of w@nkers, they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery, but can bail their buddies with taxpayers money. :mad:

Lol, i've my two years in the Motor trade (albeit part time) done just last week. I look forward to the next twenty:D

Are you going to deal primarily in Classics? Have you much stock?

Edit: If you don't want to disclose that, no problem.

• Advertisement

No, I selling off the cars I'm not taking with me, I'll buy LHD models from now on as I won't be coming back here. I don't think there's much future in the motor trade here or any other trade for that matter tbh. There's no money left here in Ireland and nobody in their right mind will invest here from where I see it.:(

No, I selling off the cars I'm not taking with me, I'll buy LHD models from now on as I won't be coming back here. I don't think there's much future in the motor trade here or any other trade for that matter tbh. There's no money left here in Ireland and nobody in their right mind will invest here from where I see it.:(

I'll stick it out for another ten years anyway, see how things go:P

Will you be taking the X5 with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Sad truth junkyard, it's a crying shame that we had it so good but thanks to a few the situation went from bad to worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Sorry to hear Junkie.

Hard not to notice your sig.

If ONLY FFers were all as decent as Lemass, things could be SO diff now!

BHTW , Never voted for 'em. Saw too much of the Haughey era, as a kid.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

No, I selling off the cars I'm not taking with me, I'll buy LHD models from now on as I won't be coming back here.
    So where is the Shangri La you're off to, Junkyard? :) I hear Iceland is good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

Dades wrote: »
    So where is the Shangri La you're off to, Junkyard? :) I hear Iceland is good!

...............nah, I'd say its wine country !! :cool:

Advertisement