Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Screen Shrinks

• 21-02-2009 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a problem here maybe someone can help me.
    I have my xb0x at 1080p and when playing street fighter HD
    everything is fine until it goes to the fight where the screen
    shrinks.Its like when widescreen goes off anyone know whats
    up here?

thanks

PS I got a new tv yesterday 50 inch. I try the setting on the tv and its stays the same

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

your not making much sense. Do you mean black borders top and bottom??

Some things to check.
    1 game options
    2 TV settings.
    3 is your TV 720p or 1080p?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

The game is probably playing in its normal non-widescreen dimentions, it happens with lots of arcade games, not sure bout street fighter, but in most of them you can stretch the screen size in the game options!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

If you mean that it all seems to zoom in closer to the fighters and not be as 'wide' as it normally would be in the arcade, the game does that on purpose.

Basically, Since the original SSFII arcade machines are not widescreen, the game does this to maintain the same size ratio of fighter to fighting area. If they didn't do this, you would probably end up with your fighters appearing in "Squeezy vision" to stretch out and match the fighting area.

It also does this to allow you to play with whatever settings you like on your console, while playing someone else on their console with different settings (Widescree / Non-widescreen, New SFX / Old SFX, HD Graphics / Pixel-vision) and it doesn't affect or off-balance your fight.

(Alternatively, if you notice that the game zooms out and everything gets a tad smaller when you start a fight, it's probably that the widescreen setting is switched off in the game options - best to check there and make a change)

More info from Capcom - here:
    Is the game widescreen 16:9 or is it 4:3?
    It’s both. If you have a widescreen tv, the menu screens and character select screen will always be widescreen. You can choose whether to view the gameplay itself in either the original 4:3 or the new 16:9. The 16:9 mode zooms in to fill your screen, and also adjusts the camera movement to pan up when necessary. The 16:9 mode does not alter gameplay at all. In fact, you can play in the 4:3 mode while your networked opponent plays in the 16:9 mode, and neither of you will even know how the other is viewing the game.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Is your xbox plugged in with scart or RCA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

there's a setting in the options to change it to widescreen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭finno

Thanks for the replys but can't check to see if i can fix it
    got the 3 ring of death :mad: last weekend.

Advertisement