Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metal bars/venues

• 21-02-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭

where are the best metal bars and venues around ireland am from dublin but go away to country abit and never seem to come across any metal bars only joe soap bars..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Sally Longs spelling? in Galway is a metal bar. They have live metal bands on weekends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm from Dublin as well but i do tend to travel down to Cork on occasion. Fred Zeppelins and The Oak are two worth checking out, although The Oak tends to be a little tame by comparison to Freds.

Also, If you're in Waterford, Try Geoffs, although if you're 16 or older, the chances are you're the oldest person in there. The music tends to be a little hit & miss, but it's really the best of a bad bunch as far as bars in Waterford City go.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

"The Stables" in Mullingar can have some good bands on now and again, maybe not Metal bars as such but still a good venue if you are in the area.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

crusin lain in has the occasional metal gig on,although the sound in the is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

i am a 32 yeaqr old woman looking for kick ass places pls thanks for all your input so far lads and lassies.....:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I'm from Dublin as well but i do tend to travel down to Cork on occasion. Fred Zeppelins and The Oak are two worth checking out, although The Oak tends to be a little tame by comparison to Freds.

Also, If you're in Waterford, Try Geoffs, although if you're 16 or older, the chances are you're the oldest person in there. The music tends to be a little hit & miss, but it's really the best of a bad bunch as far as bars in Waterford City go.

Theres also Murphys (Formerly the Hogs Head) on the Quay in Waterford, used to be a biker hangout so plenty of rock - havent been in there in a long time though so that may have changed.

Umm, The Quad and Crusicin Lan in Cork too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

c - 13 wrote: »
    Theres also Murphys (Formerly the Hogs Head) on the Quay in Waterford, used to be a biker hangout so plenty of rock - havent been in there in a long time though so that may have changed.

I think it's still there, although i haven't been around there in about a year.
    Umm, The Quad and Crusicin Lan in Cork too.

Will check em out, I believe i'm due down there this week actually as i haven't been there in a couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Sally Longs spelling? in Galway is a metal bar. They have live metal bands on weekends
    The spelling is correct :). There's live music on there most nights of the week, not just the weekend. The music varies from blues, hardcore , punk, rock and metal depending on the bands that are playing obviously. There's also a DJ in there on weekend nights if there's no band playing but unfortunately the depending on who is on the decks their song selection can be very questionable at times. :mad:

The Cellar Bar on Eglinton Street and An Púcán on Forster Street have rock/metal orientated band nights too. You might also get a covers band doing some interesting numbers in Cuba on Eyre Square or in The Quays on Quay street. Roisín Dubh on Dominic street gets some good bands in from time to time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

Sally Longs in Galway has metal/punk DJ every Wednesday. Rock to chart DJs Fri/Sat/Sun. Rock/metal covers band most Fridays. Original hardcore/punk/metal from all across the world regulary... usually during the week. Go to www.myspace.com/usvsthemgalway for info on the original nights and Wednesday DJ nights. USvsTHEM also organises gigs in An Pucan, Roisin Dubh, Cuba* etc.

Advertisement