Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US Tax Refund

• 21-02-2009 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

I've to claim my US tax back, but I don't want to use Taxback.com because they'll be taking most of it I'd say (I ain't expecting a massive amount of a refund.) Has anyone gone it alone with the IRS?? Just wondering if it's worth while trying...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cooper38

The logical thing to do would be to get taxback to estimate what you are due back and then see how you want to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Blackthorn1011

I've done that, i'll only be receiving around the $300 mark, and taxback charge a standard $75 fee plus 10% of your refund. If I can save myself $100 dollars, then why not?

I'm only looking to see if someone has done it themselves and if it can be done easily enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 underflowers

Taxback also charge a 15euro fee on top of everything for transferring the money into your bank account.

Anyone know if Taxback are contractually obliged to get back the tax money they estimated? Almost a year since I put in my application and they've only gotton back about half what I'm owed and now they're telling me that the refund is 'not guaranteed'. Yet they will still charge me the same fees and i'll end up with only about 26euro I estimate (out of about 300euro tax paid).

Advertisement