Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outhouse

Options
  • 21-02-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been discussed before, i searched with not much luck.

What exactly goes on at outhouse, what age group is it for and is it ok to just turn up?
    Im 20, would it be weird for me to go belongto or whatever, would there be people my age there? Whats the place like, a coffee shop or something similar? And forgive me for asking, but I dont want to be doing arts and crafts, etc? What do they do?

Sorry, plenty of questions. The website wasnt much, and the forum seemed to have been hacked. Any info appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Reflector

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The ground floor is the coffee shop and the differnt meet ups and groups use the different rooms in the building.

I have no idea what the break down in ages in in belong to but it does state that it is
    includes those who are 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lushballs

Belongto members are between ages of 14-23. About 35-40+ young people attend every Sunday. They have speakers come in, do Arts & Crafts, Drama etc but you can just hang out instead and chat if you want to. They have just started an over 18's group every second Wed also.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Bougeoir

I've been going to BelongTo for the past two years and I'm 21 so it's grand no worries. Often we have speakers in discussing certain topics, did Arts & crafts last week but you don't have to do anything you don't want to many opt to sit up in the café and have tea and get to know others and all that jazz. Sure if you're interested PM me or send an email to one of the youth workers.

Take care,

Hope to see ya around. x

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

Well I'm 22 and perhaps a little behind many of those who are much younger in term of progress in relation to coping with sexual orientation. So would I appear a thad odd if I showed up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lushballs

No you would be fine :) You would be at the upper end of the age range but you can chat to the youth workers or volunteers also. Go along for the support in your coming out process. Sure if you don't like it you don't have to go back. Everyone is friendly and was a newbie at some stage :))))))))))

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

lushballs wrote: »
    No you would be fine :) You would be at the upper end of the age range but you can chat to the youth workers or volunteers also. Go along for the support in your coming out process. Sure if you don't like it you don't have to go back. Everyone is friendly and was a newbie at some stage :))))))))))

Umh, I reckon I'll give it a whirl then.

Advertisement