Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you had one glass of diet coke and one glass of normal....

• 21-02-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

would you be able to tell the differnce after a sip? i'm just wondering, beacuse i wouldnt have a clue, but i know loads of people who claim they can....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

I can immediatly, the Full coke tastes far more sugery too me. I drink Diet Coke all the time so know the taste very well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

yeah i cud def tell the difference! :D

now pepsi and pepsi max, thats a whole different kettle of fish...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Coke > Coke Zero > Coke diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

You'd need to have your taste buds removed to not taste the difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Moved from After Hours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,812 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Yep, can definitely tell the difference.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

feicken water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭MikeStrutington

On a side note, is anybody else grateful that pepsi max tastes far better the normal pepsi! If I didnt know about insulin release and human lipid metabolism and carcinogenics, I'd swear they were cheating nature with pepsi max!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

would you be able to tell the differnce after a sip? i'm just wondering, beacuse i wouldnt have a clue, but i know loads of people who claim they can....

you jokin, world of difference. cant stand diet coke. take it from a coke addict

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Absolutely, I'd know immediately.

The sweetness from Diet Coke tastes, almost, more artificial, if such a thing is possible when it comes to Coke!

I actually find Diet Coke repulsive compared to regular Coke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

used to hate diet coke, but now drink about 3 litres a day, might have a problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

There's a huge difference between Coke Zero and Diet Coke IMO - Zero actually tastes like Coke actually nicer I think. There's no aftertaste like in diet and you really can't tell it's sugar free. I can't drink Diet Coke anymore has to be Zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Yep! I also think diet coke from a can tastes better then diet coke from a bottle :confused::confused:

It took me ages to learn to like diet coke after years of drinking the regular stuff.

Coke zero is quite nice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 bocha

yep - easy. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I can immediatly, the Full coke tastes far more sugery too me. I drink Diet Coke all the time so know the taste very well

took the words right outta my mouth , oh and pepsi too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

great now i want a glass of coke (Diet)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Any true fan of the real thing can tell the difference. Diet and Coke zero are nothing compared to real coke. Just like the version over here does not taste as nice as the stuff in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Yup, i can sooo tell the difference between the two, Real coke rocks, you cant bate nothing on a hot day but coke from a can, it just doesnt taste the same from the bottle:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

used to hate diet coke, but now drink about 3 litres a day, might have a problem :)

:eek: Dude, that cannot be good for you...

yeah can taste Diet Coke a mile off, horrible stuff.
    Tastes like plastic to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

can taste Diet Coke a mile off,Tastes like plastic to me.
    thought u said 'tastes like pepsi' on first reading, i wouldnt be a big coke drinker, but prefer the taste of diet, it actually does taste more like pepsi, but then i hardly drink pepsi at all...

edit, is usually the vodka that im worried about,,,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You can definitely tell the difference. One tastes like drinking slightly dissolved sugar and hurts your teeth, the other doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

huge differance. I rather the taste of diet coke.
    Pepsi FTW though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The difference is definitely huge, but I actually prefer Diet Coke - regular Coke is just far too sweet and sugary, as well as being full of **** - not that Diet Coke is healthy, or anything of the sort, but at least it won't make you fat.

The winner of 0 cal drinks is definitely Pepsi Max. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Huge difference, coke zero is far more similar but I can still get a different sensation with the "syrupy" feeling of regular coke.

Diet drinks also make you absorb alcohol quicker, so you get drunk on less, so you save money and take in way less calories.

http://media.www.diamondbackonline.com/media/storage/paper873/news/2006/11/13/News/Diet-Mixers.Increase.Alcohol.Absorption-2455374.shtml

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16945619

Diet club orange is my fav diet drink. Still has 10-11% orange juice in it, so not sugar free, but keeps it really tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

A wee treat to myself every now and again, Cold can of Coke, Bag of cheese n' Onion Tayto & a bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk! How's that for keeping it Irish?:P

Oh actually what about Finches Rock Shandy? Jayz that'd knock the thirst outta ya..:p

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tannytantans

Yup definitely.I try to drink diet coke to be good but you cant beat the full fat stuff!And its so much nicer from a can :D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭zreba

Yup definitely.I try to drink diet coke to be good

I think you guys just don't realize that sweeteners harm your body much more than sugar does

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

realcam wrote: »
    you jokin, world of difference. cant stand diet coke. take it from a coke addict

Agreed. I drink, give or take, 4 litres of coke a day. I don't like Diet coke and refuse to drink it. I've actually cut down on my intake as it used to be about 6 litres a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tannytantans

Oh i know that the Diet Coke is by no means healthy.I meant good in a no calories way...

Also after my last post i had to go out and buy a bottle of coke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

definitely can.. diet coke taste more like that fake sugar (splenda and stuff) than normal coke

Advertisement