Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you had one glass of diet coke and one glass of normal....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I find Diet Coke far nicer than regular Coke and also think it tastes much sweeter.

Regular Coke has a horrible aftertaste.

I'm a bit addicted to Diet Coke actually. And Pepsi Max. It's really not good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Anto McC wrote: »
    Agreed. I drink, give or take, 4 litres of coke a day. I don't like Diet coke and refuse to drink it. I've actually cut down on my intake as it used to be about 6 litres a day.

Okay, I have to point out that 4 litres of Coke contains roughly 1700 calories - about 75% of your daily calorie allowance. If you're not overweight now, you will be very shortly if you keep drinking that much coke. Not to mention all the bad things it's doing to your body!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I'm far from overweight and i've been drinking coke that regularly for the last 10 years. I know it's not good for me but i point blank don't like Water, tea, coffee, Milk so if i'm having a drink with my dinner it'll always be some fizzy drink and coke is my preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭zreba

so if i'm having a drink with my dinner it'll always be some fizzy drink and coke is my preference.

and you drink 4 litres of coke with your dinner? YOU'RE AWESOME :d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'm far from overweight and i've been drinking coke that regularly for the last 10 years.
    If not overweight I would worry about diabetes, I knew a really skinny lad who drank about 1L of lucozade per day and got diabetes at around 23.

Coke is around 11% sugar, 4L is 440g per day, this is a pound of sugar everyday! half a bag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

I hate normal coke and I love diet coke. I can generally tell the difference by looking at it. There are slight differences in colour, bubbles, froth when poured. Taste wise... it is very different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I definitely can tell the difference, my teeth feel coated after I drink normal Coke.

That said - Coke Zero is the king of colas, I drink about 2L of it a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

There is defo a difference in the taste of Diet Coke and Regular Coke. Could tell nearly instantly. But still like both. Don't really care either way which one I drink... tho if I want to avoid a ribbing from the lads, it's just Regular Coke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Coke > Coke Zero > Coke diet.
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

would you be able to tell the differnce after a sip? i'm just wondering, beacuse i wouldnt have a clue, but i know loads of people who claim they can....

no doubt about it... i'm a bit of a coke addict.... you don't get even half of the rush from diet coke.... also, coke zero is more similar to coca cola but is still not quite the same....

now if u asked me to tell the difference between 7-up and diet 7-up :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

I can always tell the difference between diet and full sugar versions of all soft drinks after a sip - i come in handy in restaurants when the waiter mixes up the drinks.
    I have to admit i would choose coke zero over the other cokes TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I think that I can tell the difference but if I am having it out I always get my husband to taste it first qs he has very accute taste buds, being a type 1 diabetic it is important that I get the diet one! I have tasted the regular one and I do not like it, it tastes too "heavy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Oh yeah, there's no comparison taste-wise. For some reason though the full-sugar version seems to make me feel sick :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

They taste completely different, regular Coke leaves that horrible coating on my teeth and burns my tummy :(

I love Diet Coke, I'm not under any illusions that it's good for me or anything, but at least it won't make me fat! Anyone else find it awful addictive though? I could go for a couple of weeks without having any, but once I taste it I keep getting cravings for it for a few days after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Because its the couple of glasses of Coke that will make you fat, not the quantities of other crap you eat!
    Full fat coke, FTW, its just proper. Diet coke tastes too much like sweetener, can't abide that taste. Coke Zero will do in a pinch, but can still taste the sweeteners.
    Although with 7up and diet 7up, its very easy, diet is a lot fizzier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

aoibhebree wrote: »
    They taste completely different, regular Coke leaves that horrible coating on my teeth and burns my tummy :(

You might want to get tested for a stomach ulcer :(

Diet Coke is horrible, tastes like diluted plastic. I don't drink fizzy drinks that much. After getting over my Lucozade addiction, I'm not in any hurry to replace it with something equally as bad, like Coke. I had some serious withdrawal symptoms after coming off the Lucoz, which goes to show just how bad these are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yup I can taste the difference.

Advertisement