Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

12v or 240v TV?

• 21-02-2009 9:57pm
    Site Banned Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi I'm putting a 15' LCD TV/DVD HD Ready in our motorhome, my question is should I buy a 12 volt TV or a 240 volt and use an inverter?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Buy an LCD TV that uses a 12v transformer so you can use it both on 12v and 220v without the need for an inverter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

Have a look here, I've seen some good reviews of these. http://www.wedodigital.co.uk/search/advanced_search.php?brand_id=40&form_submit=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

What Kol said.. get 12v with transformer for 240 input. They're available in Argos too. we've one with dvd player, make sure you have a voltage regulator in the line to protect tv..

No point burning up an inverter for nothing..

• Site Banned Posts: 243 ✭✭yardeyar

Hi Konit, I was looking in the Argos catalogue and I cant see a 12v LCD TV/DVD HD, what model or catalogue is it? By the way thank you all for you replies. YEAH!

I'll check this evening..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Most of them don't indicate a 12v input in their specs. Best thing is to walk into Tesco/DID/Power city etc and look to see which are connected to transformers or check which connection they are using. It's also worth checking viewing angles, a greater viewing angle will give you more flexibility on where to mount it

Hi Konit, did you ever get a chance to have a look at the model you bought? Thanks. YEAH!

I bought an LCD TV in Harvey Norman an it has a 12V tansformer. A lot of them are 12V.

Hi Kol, thanks for reply, is it a LCD TV & DVD HD ready? (How Much?). When you say a 12 volt transformer do you mean that it comes with a transformer box, one end plugs into the tv and the other has a three pin plug or does it have a car cig lighter plug? YEAH!

yardeyar wrote: »
    Hi Kol, thanks for reply, is it a LCD TV & DVD HD ready? (How Much?). When you say a 12 volt transformer do you mean that it comes with a transformer box, one end plugs into the tv and the other has a three pin plug or does it have a car cig lighter plug? YEAH!

Its a regular LCD. I have a seperate 12V dvd player. It has a 220v-12v transformer to plug in when we are hooked up. on the move it plugs into a 12v socket.

Can remember how much i paid for it but it wasnt dear. For the use it gets it was enough!

• Advertisement

Cheers!

Hi sorry over late reply, this is a lot like our one.. ours also has "vga in" I can't see it in the list...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alba-LCD-Combined-DVD-Player/dp/tech-data/B000GFB792/ref=de_a_smtd/275-6326480-3284406

Hi thanks again for reply. YEAH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

I just got this offer from Riversway in the UK. TV & DVD built in. It also has Freeview, so if you were in the UK it would be a bonus.

Hi got sorted, bought a Digital 15' LCD TV/DVD 240v in Tesco Banbridge, NI for £112.00. YEAH!

Advertisement