Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your new Emergency Services Moderator

• 21-02-2009 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

After PSNI retired his banhammer we decided that ye needed your own Mod so as not to be left out and keep your forum on track. This forum has been running pretty much on its own steam and infairness to ye, ye are a good bunch pf posters with little or no trouble at all. Unfortunately with our time limited to maybe a few minutes a day we were only able to quickly dash in, have a quick look around and then off again which is not fair on ye.

There are many of ye posting here that have shown great maturity and friendliness/helpfullness but unfortunately many of ye do not have many posts under your belts. For those who were considered it was really a tough choice but finally decided.

Please put give a big welcome to Papayankeegirl. Go easy on her till she finds her feet ;)

Nog

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

TheNog wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

After PSNI retired his banhammer we decided that ye needed your own Mod so as not to be left out and keep your forum on track. This forum has been running pretty much on its own steam and infairness to ye, ye are a good bunch pf posters with little or no trouble at all. Unfortunately with our time limited to maybe a few minutes a day we were only able to quickly dash in, have a quick look around and then off again which is not fair on ye.

There are many of ye posting here that have shown great maturity and friendliness/helpfullness but unfortunately many of ye do not have many posts under your belts. For those who were considered it was really a tough choice but finally decided.

Please put give a big welcome to Papayankeegirl. Go easy on her till she finds her feet ;)

Nog

congratulations to her. i seen that and was surprised but pleased for her!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

So folks, Ive been made a moderator:eek::cool:. Its a bit strange to be honest. Hope you all wont be too hard on me. Remember im just the same as all of you, trying to get into the PSNI.

All the best to everyone:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

So folks, Ive been made a moderator:eek::cool:. Its a bit strange to be honest. Hope you all wont be too hard on me. Remember im just the same as all of you, trying to get into the PSNI.

All the best to everyone:D

God you've changed!

Just kidding, well done on your new appointment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭James_UK

Well Deserved. Congrats my hun!

Lovelove! x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Congrats PYG!

• Advertisement

Thanks you lot,

Penis Eye, 1979SD, James UK, MrsGeneHunt:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

Congrats again PYG!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

yeah i think i said in general thread, but heres it offically. congratsicon14.gif:)

Thanks you guys:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Nice! PYG did you get the call as well, the call for boards moderator!:D

lol well done....I'd take any call right now!

• Advertisement

integra1 wrote: »
    Nice! PYG did you get the call as well, the call for boards moderator!:D

lol well done....I'd take any call right now!

Yep, well more of a PM for promotion. LOL

This will keep me going mean time. This week will be your week, I can feel it in my moderator waters. haha. Seriously, your time will come and soon.

Must get my a$$ in gear now and get out a run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Yep, well more of a PM for promotion. LOL

This will keep me going mean time. This week will be your week, I can feel it in my moderator waters. haha. Seriously, your time will come and soon.

Must get my a$$ in gear now and get out a run.

cheers matey, enjoy your run, out myself 3-4 times a week 4miles at a time, I enjoy the running now! hated it when younger but!:D

integra1 wrote: »
    cheers matey, enjoy your run, out myself 3-4 times a week 4miles at a time, I enjoy the running now! hated it when younger but!:D

Gosh im hopeless at it. I hated PE at school and always avoided it at any cost. I went and bought myself running gear yesterday and ran half a mile yesterday and walked the other half and did the same today. Pathetic I know but its my first time ever running, and it was up hill. Going to start a 6 week plan walk2run 5k. Hope it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

Congrats PYG and good luck with the running I am starting the 8 week walk2run plan the first 2 weeks will be spent thinking I'll have to start running soon and looking for some carbon fibre legs on Ebay

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Congratulations.

Definitely the right person for the job.

Well done PYG!

Thanks Morri and PSNI:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

Gawd - alot changes on this thing when im gone a week! PYG a moderator? Thats great! now you can throw off the boardies that dislike other boardies for absolutely no reason.... because thats not nice

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Congratulations PYG - I'm sure you'll be a great mod :)

MBC x

Im thinking I 'MustBeCrazy' lol. Thanks gal!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Im thinking I 'MustBeCrazy' lol. Thanks gal!:D

Great, you can join my very select club :D

• Advertisement

Great, you can join my very select club :D

Awh cheers.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭manaka

Hey PYG, well done lass, i can picture ye cracking the whip. Hugh jack man has beyonce shaking her booty in front of him! Sorry just got carried away watching the oscars there!! If i were wolverine id love to get my claws into her!!
    Congrats again pyg!!!

manaka wrote: »
    Hey PYG, well done lass, i can picture ye cracking the whip. Hugh jack man has beyonce shaking her booty in front of him! Sorry just got carried away watching the oscars there!! If i were wolverine id love to get my claws into her!!
    Congrats again pyg!!!

Thanks Manaka. :D:D

Congratulations PYG! Here's hoping the position comes with a free medical as standard! :D

Congratulations PYG! Here's hoping the position comes with a free medical as standard! :D

I wish:rolleyes:.

Thanks none the less:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

congrats pyg:D:D really glad to see you geting it, ill try not to work you to hard;)

given1 wrote: »
    congrats pyg:D:D really glad to see you geting it, ill try not to work you to hard;)

Awh thanks given1, just remember I let you under my umbrella!

Just thinking........ you wont be able to shelter under one on parade and that hat won't work well with your hair either:P:D

All the best

Awh thanks given1, just remember I let you under my umbrella!

Just thinking........ you wont be able to shelter under one on parade and that hat won't work well with your hair either:P:D

All the best

lol ive now resigned to the fact that im going to lose the locks..... well hpefully just for 21 weeks:D but yes the hair and hat could prove a problem at a later time:pac: lol oj

lol ive now resigned to the fact that im going to lose the locks..... well hpefully just for 21 weeks:D but yes the hair and hat could prove a problem at a later time:pac: lol oj

When you pass out I will buy you a pair of in-car hair straighteners for your cop car, and some mini styling products for your utility belt. Ok?

• Advertisement

When you pass out I will buy you a pair of in-car hair straighteners for your cop car, and some mini styling products for your utility belt. Ok?

lol couldnt have asked for nefing better..... hairspray is an essential;) haha

lol couldnt have asked for nefing better..... hairspray is an essential;) haha

Ok no bother. Extra strong hold or flexible hold? The tiny bottle should fit nicely into where your CS gas should go. Personal safety or personal apperance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

hey there is psni back as a moderator??? does that mean pyg is steppin down or are we keepin our gr8 new moderator??

Im afraid you are stuck with me, psni is back after his little holiday;). Dont forget the other forum moderators as well such as TheNog. I think there are 5 or 6 of us mods in total.

Bet you thought Happy Days PYG is no more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

well i guess we better cancel the demotion party after all guys :(

thats karma for you. good for the party, bad for her gettin kept on :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Im afraid you are stuck with me, psni is back after his little holiday;). Dont forget the other forum moderators as well such as TheNog. I think there are 5 or 6 of us mods in total.

Bet you thought Happy Days PYG is no more

Yes this forum if definitely well policed :):):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement