Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo shops selling the new Walkers crisps

Options
  • 21-02-2009 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I would get the new flavored Walkers crisps.Fozzle said she got a pack down at the shop beside Carraroe church,I went down the same day and couldn't find any.
    I really want to try them but can't find them anywhere:(

Fozzle,how did the taste testing go in work the other day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Don't do it...so bad I had to blog about them:
    http://magnumlady.wordpress.com/2009/02/13/friday-the-13th/

Anyway O'Gradys in Coolaney sell them if you are really desperate....get a sick bag first:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Come to Dromahair. One shop has three flavours and the other shop has the other three flavours.
    I'm with you Magnumlady! :pac: <barf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

fish&chips are rank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

so are the chilli and chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Dunnes do them, so do the petrol station in Ballymote. The shop by Carraroe church DO have them - they're down the back of the shop facing the back wall. Only have the 6-packs (which only give you 3 flavours). Be a man and ask the shop assistant Bob! :P

As for how it went.....yeurchk. They're all pretty vile, but the fish and chips one is in the top two of "vomit inducing things I have eaten". They were so bad I had to stip them back out in the bin. Most of the staff did. *shudders* eurgh, they were rotten.

• Advertisement

I think the worst ones are the builders breakfast....yuck.
    The kids like the duck and squirrel ones..all the rest got chucked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The builders breakfast crisps taste like egg & ketchup but not in a good way. I've a bag of the duck ones in the kitchen - I'll let ya know when I try them... the garage across from Cliffords sells them.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

I only tried the fish and chips flavour.....and I have to say that I loved them:D I haven't managed to get my hands on another bag of them anywhere since..

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

..i'm a crispaholic.

I eat at least 2 bags of crisps a day for probably the last 25 years. i have a shop so the temptation is there ALL THE TIME.

i was so excited about the prospect of this promotion... (was gonna send in my own flavour but just never got round to it btw)

To say I'm dissapointed is a major frickin understatement :(

1. Fish n chips - NEVER want to have that taste experience again
    2. Builders breakfast - RANK
    3. Chocolate n chilli - See number 1 analysis
    4. Hoisin Duck - Smells like a chinese, tastes like a chinaman (probably)
    5. Cajun Squirrel - Reasonable, but in no way will ever be adopted as a new permanent flavour
    6. Onion Baji - Only 1 I haven't tried but based on the other 5, I'm scared. REAL scared.

What a pointless waste of time , Million euro+ marketing support etc etc

I hate walkers (apart from their cheese n'onion, salt n vinegar, etc etc)

ps. my suggestion would have been spicey sun-dried tomato and hickory bacon

MMMMMMMMmmmmm :p

I see Dunnes now have the flavours, for anyone still looking for them....rather you then me...I'm still recovering.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The duck got chucked after one mouthful - I'm sticking to King cheese n' onion... forget yer fancy schmancey flavours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

The duck got chucked after one mouthful - I'mmmmmm aaaaah sticking to ummmm aaaahh King cheese n' onion bud, knoww what iii meannnssss... forget yer fancy schmancey flavours.

fixed that for you!
    Your now prime for a spot of bar propping on fairly sh*tty

yer in sligo now buddy, none of yer King or Tayto muck here
    we only eat good auld fashioned english crisps like we have eaten for over 800 years:rolleyes:

All the flavours sound nice at first, then you think na i bet they are rank!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I thought the fish and chips were kind of nice. Didn't like cajun squirrel so much.

Haven't tried the others, but I'm wondering about the duck and the onion baji. Chili and chocolate, while a nice combination, was probably never going to work out on a crisp. Builder's breakfast sounds awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Londis have them all.. and currently selling them at 2 for €1.

Had 2 of them so far - Hoisin Duck and Fish & Chips - both of them absolutely mank!

If they made Worcester Sauce more widely available, I'd be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Thanks for all the tips.

Even with all the negative comments about the bad taste I still really want to give them a try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the tips.

Even with all the negative comments about the bad taste I still really want to give them a try!

well u know the old saying

a second on the lips
    a half an hour bent over the bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I tried some of them.

Builders breakfast is horrible but it was my mums favourite :confused:
    Chili and Chocolate is not so good,not a strong flavour from it.
    Onion and Bhaji wasn't great either.

However all are edible.

Advertisement