Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whose bothering with the bike & scooter show?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

or if Rasta is going alone......

thanks faceman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

Last time i was at the bike show i was very disappoitned that the big 3 jap brands over here (honda , yamaha, suzuki) did not have dedicated stands like BMW and ducati. This was a bit let down for a bike show.
    Anybody know if yamaha, honda or suzuki will have a dedicated presence there this year besides the usual dealer specific presence ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

A a bit of a let down after the NEC :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I went to IMOT in Munich the weekend before last, it was pretty cool. Makes the RDS look like an real amature event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I got my free ticket last night :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'll be picking up that pass tomorrow or today from faceman, might be going on me tod if me mate can't make it. PM me if oyu want the +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Hi Rasta. Thanks for the offer. Can't give you a definite yes or no, unfortunately.

Out of Dublin on business and may not make it back this evening.

Much appreciated though. Enjoy the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭draycottgirlz

anyone got a free ticket for today?

going anyway but so it would be a bonus to get one thats going thrown out.... :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

I always go. Great buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Got in today. Free Ticket :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

So, was it worth it?

I want to know if I should go tomorrow?

Is it worth the entrance fee??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

P.C. wrote: »
    Is it worth the entrance fee??
    How much is it at the door?
    Still undecided!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    How much is it at the door?
    Still undecided!

As far as I know it is €15.

Not sure if I want to go myself.

If anyone who has been has any coments... it might help me make up my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

P.C. wrote: »
    As far as I know it is €15.

Not sure if I want to go myself.

If anyone who has been has any coments... it might help me make up my mind.

Defo worth it! Absolutely superb! Had a brilliant time-lots of different exhibits, covering every angle.

Great deals, beautiful women, and mental entertainment-100%!

Having said that, I haven't actually gone myself. thinkin of headin tommorrow-is it any good?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Defo worth it! Absolutely superb! .........Great deals, beautiful women, and mental entertainment-100%!........Having said that, I haven't actually gone myself. thinkin of headin tommorrow-is it any good?:confused:

LOL, now I am confused ! :D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Last time i was at the bike show i was very disappoitned that the big 3 jap brands over here (honda , yamaha, suzuki) did not have dedicated stands like BMW and ducati. This was a bit let down for a bike show.
    Anybody know if yamaha, honda or suzuki will have a dedicated presence there this year besides the usual dealer specific presence ?

Well Honda Distributors are down as having a stand this year. Not sure about Duc, etc.

However, Suzuki ? Forget it. As long as Priory are involved in importing them you're wasting your time. Fwiw, there are NO Suzuki dealer in this country. Any shop can buy a bike from Priory - all you need is a chequebook.

I went year before last to see a specific bike. I phoned Priory to see if they were going to be there, but they said they wouldn't have the model on the stand. I asked about seeing one, and they asked where I was from (Galway), and when told the said that they'd ship one down to Biketech for me. Great, I thought, you'd do that for me ? Sure, they said, just tell Paul to fax/phone the order through.

Er, hello ? - Order ? I want to see one, first. And then probably ride it. Oh, no, we don't do that, they said, they only 'sell'. When I asked how I get to see one, they suggested.........a bike shop.

Isn't that fan-tastic ? :rolleyes:

FWIW, I'm in the market for a new bike, but unless someone gives me a deal like the UK ones - 0% finance or something, I won't. I'm not putting up savings to buy a bike.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Cheers again for the ticket faceman.

if you are looking for some lids there is some bargains to be had. I didn't spot leathers that where that cheap, some of the English lads where giving parity with the sterling price as cash was king.

Some nice display of bikes, I went up at 9ish and seen some lovely bottoms. Check biker.ie for the photos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Camelot wrote: »
    A a bit of a let down after the NEC :(

Will have to agree with u there... Venue is too small, bikes where crammed in. BMW had the best stand I though, u'd loads of space to walk around n get on the bikes...

Not much to buy either.. Will give it a miss next year, NEC show only cost me €20 more n that included my flights...

Parking was a disaster, we arrived at 11 n left at 1.. When we came out n there was a row of bikes parked infront of all the bikes that came in early. We where lucky n managed(barely) to squeeze in between two of em.. I'd say some people weren't so lucky..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I thought the show was ok. Nothing in particular blew me up and BMW are just, well, boring at this stage. (last year they at least had Charlie Boorman!)

SOme of the stands that did have some deals were mobbed with people which was really annoying.

The "hot babes" or whatever they were called looked like skangers! But the aul fella's looked pleased! :p

Highlight of the event for me was watching a bunch of townies thinking they were "mad" by getting pics of themselves taking while sitting on the Garda bikes.

I took a trip to Bikeworld on Saturday and snapped up some bargains in their weekend sale. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

After being very disappointed at the lack of Triumph bikes at last year show, I just didnt bother going this year, (I got my fix at the NEC) but I am curious to know, were there any Triumph's on display at the RDS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Camelot wrote: »
    were there any Triumph's on display at the RDS?

yup, they were there all right. And I'm not just saying that to annoy you. Nothing new as far as I could make out other than shiny 09 versions of the same old same old.

Beautiful bikes anyway.

Found the show itself pretty good in fact. No way as good as the NEC, but it had pretty much everything there in moderation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

It could be spread out a bit more, especially when one of the halls was cordoned off half empty.
    But have to say, in comparsion to the last show /not last year's one as there were no show/ all the stands had something to do with the bikes and the biker scene.
    I think that some visitors could appriciate more 'normal' stuff like some casual, hot rod or retro clothing for posers :rolleyes:, when the fashion show was on the stage and all...

But it was good, I think.

And I'll give it a miss next year as well....'cos there's no bike show next year up in the RDS :p

Advertisement