Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

communion dresses

Options
  • 21-02-2009 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi all.

Thinking about heading up to enniskillen to look for communion dress. Just wondering where they sell them and roughly what the prices are like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Try Vincent de Paul?
    shaca wrote: »
    Hi all.

Thinking about heading up to enniskillen to look for communion dress. Just wondering where they sell them and roughly what the prices are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sorella wrote: »
    Try Vincent de Paul?
    We can do without comments like that. Infraction given.

?? I am baffled, simply.

This was offered in genuine sincerity.

Many folk give their worn-once Communion Dresses to Vincent de Paul, who sell them to raise money to do good to many.

We buy most of our household things and indeed clothing from Vincent de Paul. Books too.

This is high quality, not rubbish.

And these are hard times for so many.

What is wrong with this mail of mine then?

I am at a loss here.

MY REPLY to the message sent by the moderator, accusing me also of trolling

Sir; you owe me an apology.

For this accusation which is unjust.

Or rather THESE accusations.

How is it an insult to suggest buying from a sound , strong, and charitable organisation such as Vincent de Paul?

I mean REALLY!

Their things are aften excellent; are you saying that you think there is some stigma attached here? Because if so, then it is YOU who are insulting others, not me.

And if you cannot telll the difference between sincerity and insult?

YOU insult ME with this accusation.

We buy from Vincent de Paul all the time; to save money in these hard times, and also to help those needy ones the Society helps.

They have many beautiful First Communion dresses given to them.

Truly beautiful.

OK; I quit boards ie if this is how you treat folk; and have spammed the message.

Blessings this day.
    muffler wrote:
    Dear sorella,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

No need to troll.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:

[post]59133807[/post]
    Try Vincent de Paul?

Hi all.

All the best,

boards.ie

muffler wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

This is a very strange comment? Whats wrong with the recommendation?
    I regularly purchase items in charity shops as the quality is excellent.

The cost of a Communion dress can put a tremendous strain on family finances.

It is obvious that sorella is making a genuine recommendation. I do think the infraction is quite harsh.

RKQ wrote: »
    This is a very strange comment? Whats wrong with the recommendation?
    I regularly purchase items in charity shops as the quality is excellent.

The cost of a Communion dress can put a tremendous strain on family finances.

It is obvious that sorella is making a genuine recommendation. I do think the infraction is quite harsh.
    Oh you really are showing your true colours now - trolling all the way to Fermanagh.

• Advertisement

@ sorella. Im sure the OP was referring to High Street shops. Im sure there are SvP shops where they live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

@ sorella. Im sure the OP was referring to High Street shops. Im sure there are SvP shops where they live.

Think you need to take a step back and look at this again with a clear mind.
    The reply was more than likely genuine, benefit of the doubt should have been given, imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Probably, but if a charity shop in Enniskillen or elsewhere has what the OP is looking for (assuming that second hand is ok) then that would be useful, surely?

Just to explain: I have reversed the infraction on sorella following discussions by PM. I have explained my position earlier.

But all in all its nice to get a wee bit of traffic up this way. Thanks Ray :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Just to explain: I have reversed the infraction on sorella following discussions by PM. I have explained my position earlier.

Now, these communion dresses. Thoughts, anyone?!

• Advertisement

Good man Richard. Back on topic. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Won't name shops (PM me if you need names) but I'd head over to Church Street, Lisnaskea, Hillview, or Townhill or head over to Newtownbutler.

Asda are always good for kids clothes, not sure about Communion Dresses. Remember Asda have moved from Erneside Shopping Centre.

Lots of High Street shops to choose from.

There is a good accessory shop in the Erneside Shopping Centre - idea for white handbag or purse, headpiece or tiara etc :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shaca

Thanks RKQ. I would appreciate if you would pm the details to me. That accessory shop sounds good too. We have tried on lots of dresses already but are finding it difficult to get one to fit, they are all too big and would need alot of alternations.

Oh and thanks Richard for getting it back on topic.:)

Wondering if you had thought re mail order?

eg
    http://www.richandrare.com/

Just out of interest, I googled this idea. There seem to be several firms out there..

Or....

Is there no way to get one made?

We do make them, but are too far away from you to help.

( we are Nuns, by the way, Mother House in Canada as we are not an Irish Order; I am a Solitary in Donegal but my special skill is fine knitted lace Christening Gowns)

Thanks RKQ. I would appreciate if you would pm the details to me. That accessory shop sounds good too. We have tried on lots of dresses already but are finding it difficult to get one to fit, they are all too big and would need alot of alternations.

Oh and thanks Richard for getting it back on topic.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shaca

I have considered mail order and have spent hours searching the internet but when we went shopping there was some dresses that I didn't really like the look off but they turned out to be lovely on (once we pulled them in and lifted them up). I always thought my daughter was fairly average height and build, I mean she doesn't look scrawny or anything but these dresses would need alot of alteration and I'm afraid they will ruin the dress.

Advertisement