Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Annie Leibovitz shots.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Emm.

Nice shot but as ever I have a but.

Take away the celeb's and the access to sets etc..... great photography, doubt it.

I would imagine plenty on here (not me) would match those or better if put to it. I'm thinking here of the gig/band crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Covey wrote: »
    ..... great photography, doubt it.

I would strongly disagree. In every single one of those pictures I saw every single celebrity in those pictures in a way I have never seen them before (and I've seen them all a thousand times before)

That's great photography, that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

link aint working for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

seems to be bust,

Last time I seen one of her big shots it was all PP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Well, she is professional with good results. But I must admit that her commercial work is on different track than her independent work and work for Rolling Stone. I don't get it at all, it us just "too much magazine cover" style.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Linky no worky, can anyone find a mirror?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I wouldn't be her greatest fan... at all.

I just never clicked with her work. Nothing personal, just never liked it.

Funnily enough, I'd be quite a big fan of one of her mentors and lovers, Sontag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I don't like her recent work (Vanity Fair) - but her early 70s, Rolling Sones on tour, images - sets the marker for me, regarding music photography - still to be bettered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The actual host site appears to be down, as opposed to a borked link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

They're back up now anyway

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I love her stuff, not my fav nut really excellent stuff

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Her photos in last months Vanity Fair of Obama's cabinet was a return (for me) to her strong point: simple, excellent portraits with minimal pp.

Advertisement