Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Austrian Death Machine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Now that's a music video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Now that's a music video.

Damn right it is. I'm gonna have to pick up their album at some stage. I know the whole idea of "Schwarzenegger Metal" is blatantly ripped off of Arnocorps, but still, it sounds great. Who knows, we might see a whole new subsection of Metal based around Arnold films. That's a good thing.

Who knows, we might see a whole new subsection of Metal based around Arnold films. That's a good thing.

I'm not sure a whole new sub-genre is necessary, it looks like their album pretty much covers all his films
    1. Hello California
    2. Get To The Choppa
    3. Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
    4. All Of The Songs Sound The Same
    5. I Am A Cybernetic Organism, Living Tissue Over (Metal) Endoskeleton
    6. Come With Me If You Want To Live
    7. What It's Like To Be A Singer At Band Practice
    8. Who Is Your Daddy, And What Does He Do?
    9. You Have Just Been Erased
    10. Broo-Tall Song Idea
    11. Here Is Subzero, Now Plain Zero
    12. So Far, So Good, So Let's Talk About It
    13. Screw You (Benny)
    14. Why?
    15. If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It
    16. It's Not A Tumor
    17. Not So Hidden Track

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I posted this nearly a year ago and it was completely ignored :(

Stev_o wrote: »
    I posted this nearly a year ago and it was completely ignored :(

Sorry for stealing your thunder man. I guess it helps to have a youtube video? :o

• Advertisement

I'm not sure a whole new sub-genre is necessary, it looks like their album pretty much covers all his films

It seems to be taking off though.

Here's another Schwarzenegger Metal band: http://www.myspace.com/SCHWARZENATORMUSIC

It seems to be taking off though.

Here's another Schwarzenegger Metal band: http://www.myspace.com/SCHWARZENATORMUSIC

Indeed.

I have to say though, as a concept I think I'd get really bored with it really quickly. If I had one of these albums I don't think it would be something I could listen to over and over again, unless of course the music is really good and it's not too apparent that it's a piss take.

It's the type of thing that's good for the comedic value the first couple of listens but that's about it.

I agree that it is a bit of a novelty as a concept, but from what I've been listening to from Austrian Death Machine, it sounds like some excellent Thrash Metal, certainly a lot better than the likes of Slayer's recent output. And lets face it, there's a lot of Metal bands who have dire lyrics, and the music itself is the only appeal, so whether it's about Arnold Schwarzenegger movies or Lord of the Rings, it's all dependant on the band laying down the riffs. I think Austrian Death Machine are certainly making some good music.

I agree that it is a bit of a novelty as a concept, but from what I've been listening to from Austrian Death Machine, it sounds like some excellent Thrash Metal, certainly a lot better than the likes of Slayer's recent output. And lets face it, there's a lot of Metal bands who have dire lyrics, and the music itself is the only appeal, so whether it's about Arnold Schwarzenegger movies or Lord of the Rings, it's all dependant on the band laying down the riffs. I think Austrian Death Machine are certainly making some good music.

Yeah, that's certainly a valid point about metal lyrics in general.

Well then, I guess as long as the music's good and there aren't copious amounts of Arnie sound bites littered throughout the songs then I suppose it can't be too bad.

Advertisement