Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who is our padraig pearse

Options
  • 22-02-2009 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

we need a padraig pearse. or similar who will lead us, to save our country, aherne said who speaks of recision should commit sucide, he put clown cowan in charge of our nation, forgive my spelling, medication and the tinternet are not compatible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

The Padraig Pearse is the Irish Taxpayer.

It will be the Irish Taxpayer who is going to "save" this country, for the next 10 to 15 years.
    Nobody else can or will do it.

The only way politics will be brought into this, is the electorate need to decide what party/what "leader" will do the least damage to our country.

I would prefer this country be ruled from Brussels to be honest.

They would have the balls to take the hard decisions that need to be taken, unlike our current Ostrich Taoiseach, with his head in the sand and letting his bankers friends relieve themselves inside of him if they so wish.

Rest assured my vote will be utilised.
    Not in favour of any party.
    Only against Fianna Fail, if you catch my drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Pearse wasn't a leader; he was a frontman, given the job because he was good with words.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Michael D can pen a good verse or two if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

old boy wrote: »
    we need a padraig pearse. or similar who will lead us, to save our country, aherne said who speaks of recision should commit sucide, he put clown cowan in charge of our nation, forgive my spelling, medication and the tinternet are not compatible

Yes, what we really need is someone to lead us in a Quixotic and ultimately pointless mass suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Diogenes wrote: »
    Yes, what we really need is someone to lead us in a Quixotic and ultimately pointless mass suicide.

And play dress-up with young teenage boys.;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Okay I'll do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MG

You mean who should be shot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    I would prefer this country be ruled from Brussels to be honest.

Sadly I agree. I think ten years direct rule from Brussels followed by starting from scratch with new political parties (with anyone previously involved in politics disbarred) might be the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Michael D can pen a good verse or two if needed.

Beat me to it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

As someone rightly said Padraig Pearse was a frontman. He did nothing really except dying and creating the concept of 'blood sacrifice' which was inspired by his fanatical Catholicism. He had no real economic or political policies except for getting rid of the British. If he had lived, I dread what his leadership of the country would have brought :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

Diogenes got in before me. What we really need is a Michael Collins. Someone quite willing to shoot the right people if need be and inspire the rest.

But we're far more likely to get a Hugo Chavez or a some right wing nut.

Someone mentioned Michael D Higgins. When you consider all the good he did for Galway, well frankly even Cowan begins to look good. He's away with the fairies.

An alternative might be a Winston Churchill type figure. Can anyone think of a maverick politician with a penchant for rhetoric, a sense of destiny and a liking for brandy and cigars? No, I'm not thinking off David Norris, although..........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

How about Brendan Gleeson? :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

As someone rightly said Padraig Pearse was a frontman. He did nothing really except dying and creating the concept of 'blood sacrifice' which was inspired by his fanatical Catholicism. He had no real economic or political policies except for getting rid of the British. If he had lived, I dread what his leadership of the country would have brought :eek:
    A lot of people died because of the "blood sacrifice" concept.

He's more like our Mishima

Our government has been very good at sacrificing the life blood of our economy for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Of all the people in the world I cannot for the life of me see why you chose Padraig Pearse, afaics the government have been acting like him anyway by leading the public to sacrifice themselves to a halfarsed endeavour.

Advertisement