Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help writing review

Options
  • 22-02-2009 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

A colleague of mine at work runs a music e-zine and has asked me to write a review of an album I am quite into at the moment.
    I have never wrote a review of anything before and was wondering can anyone give me some basic tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

I would suggest that if you are unsure of it that to ensure you cover all aspects you go through a list of things that you would look for if you wanted to read a review of an album to see if it were suitable for yourself. For example how about start off with
    1. Genre definition for album.
    2. Overall quality, i.e. killer songs vs. filler songs.
    3. Standout elements from bands- instruments etc.
    4. Specific mentions for standout songs.

If something is good/ bad to listen to you dont say 'its great' or 'its crap', you would need to explain what it is that you like or dont like about it.

Advertisement