Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] The new wormholes

• 22-02-2009 2:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

From what I know so far, these will be instanced, which as far as i am concerned goes against all that eve stands for. Nothing should be instanced. you should always be able to interfere with what other people are doing. thoughts...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I'm not going to go near the things personally so I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other v0v :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

They're persudo instances. If someone found the system the wormhole leads to before you did and managed to set up shop then you might find them waiting for you on the other side! Same goes for if you put enough ships in to the wormhole to colaspe it another wormhole might open up somewhere else and if a hostile corp probes it out while your engaged with the sleepers... Granted the chances of either happening with 2499 systems is pretty low for the first few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The most interesting part for me is that a corp could sit in one of these, building up some infrastructure. Every time the wormhole to that system collapses it respawns in another system.

So you could have your corp living out of the W-Space pocket, visiting death and destruction as the exit point of the wormhole travels across EVE from 0.0 to high sec like the Eye of Terror...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

The eye of terror doesnt move n00b !

Anyway im going to hit this **** up with a zealot when its out sleepers wont know what hit them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

bizmark wrote: »

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Anyway, in the spirit of the Irish channel, *spoons Dark*

• Advertisement

/me cups khan's man tackle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jaysonia

i will join you in a zealot, Dark!!!

:D we can hold each others hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jaysonia

I'll look forward to that!!

Pew Pew Pew, those sleepers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

Arrrrrrrrbiiiiiitttraaaaatorrrrs .... Mount up !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Sand

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Screw you guys.

Advertisement