Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where oh where?

• 22-02-2009 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Ok first post in this section so heres my question. I decided to buy a handheld scanner mostly for the usual listening but also to a side project of mine(its an astronomy thing) but i was looking at two models Uniden UBC72 XLT and the Uniden Bearcat BC246T. problem is where to buy theses in Ireland I see them all over ebay and other e-shops but I'm not fond of buying online. Any advise on shops will be grateful.

Jon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MrLNB

ah, save yourself a bunch and buy on ebay. . .

if your like me,
    you will be reluctant to use purchasing online, but eventually you get accustomed to it. and before long, everything in the house and even parts for the car come from the internet,

My wifes car required a part, 680 + vat from the local garage.
    Ebay,. , , 150 delivered, I fitted it, and thats last year. that was my biggest saving..

but you wont find many towns in ireland selling this type of gear. .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Compare the prices between online and in a shop here and you'll soon become fond of buying online. :)

I purchased a Yaesu FT-897 from the UK via one of the UK supplier's website for €640 incl. shipping. Could have got it slightly cheaper again had a bought a couple of weeks earlier when the euro was stronger.

There's a shop here in Dublin (won't even post a link) who have the same radio advertised at €1200.

Brian Lenihan and co. may accuse me of being unpatriotic. Maybe so, but I'm definitely not stupid enough to pay Irish retail prices for radio equipment.

Take a look at the supplier links on this sticky and browse their sites for the scanner you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

I got 2x 72xlt from this guy http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/xovereign_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

hassle free tranaction. I was shopping through the window of a particular radio shop in Dublin (we all know who) the other day ... prices are WAYYYY off as pointed out by Paulomn.

Advertisement