Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't you get Club & Tayto outside Ireland?

• 22-02-2009 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Why on earth can't you get the world's best soft drink and the world's greatest (and first flavoured) crisp outside of Ireland ? I'm often in Scotland and you can't get either here for love nor money...
    Well , there's one place that has them expensive small pub bottles of Club Oráiste and you can get the Northern Irish made Tayto here - but they just taste like Walkers :(

I want these :

96ed72aec9fd13e5ef3e7ce65cbf56cb.jpgdd7ad4237430074709e103b44b4996bf.jpg5c042ec751a5f9367bc2fe474b77063c.jpg99815e1d224adf1ae43f06828230a233.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

Dunnes has them....whoops you don't:)

Thers a petrol station in Upper Darby just outside Philadelphia that you can get just about anything including marmalede,rashers, sausages, sweets,variety of crisps newspapers and Cadbury eggs at Easter. Wifes Irish and was in heaven when we found the place. I can't eat all that crap:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Dunnes only does food in RoI and Northern Ireland, there's a Dunness here in Glasgow and there's one in Fife but they only do clothes.

Philadelphia ? As in Philadelphia , America ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,002 ✭✭✭DenMan

Alan, you are in Scotland mate. You take what's available. It's like asking a person from Scotland "can I have Haggis please" here. Next time you fly back bring a few packets over with you and save them for a rainy day. Other than that I suppose you could order online and have them deliver. :)

I'm sure it's possible/feasable that a butcher could do up some haggis - it tastes just like our pudding really.

It's just odd though that you can get Coke all over the world, same with Doritos and Pringles and also Walkers (I think?) but there's only one place you can get the nicest drink and the nicest crisps :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Alan, forget Club Orange, you can get Orangina in abundance in Scotland! It's far superior IMO.

• Advertisement

Haha, orangina's awful. They've got an insane amount of different soft drinks, mainly made by Barr who do Irn Bru.

I just want mah Club Orange/Rock Shandy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ya have fecking irn-bru in a can and you're complaining you can't get club over there? :pac:

now club rock shandy is nice but christ you've got a worthy substitute in irn-bru especially from a can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

Thought the post was Club&Tayto outside Ireland, maybe it should have been Why can't you get Club&Tayto in Scotland?

The Dunnes thing was thought to be best joke ever, with you name and alll. Once again one my jokes only reponse is silence.

Yes the Philadelphia in America.

Coke and Doritos are different here than in America. The coke is better and Doritos aren't.

How could you possibly lust for tayto when you have an endless supply of Mccoys?

Nah, McCoys and all other United Kingdom and/or English crisps are awful quite frankly.

I think I'll actually email/write to both Tayto and Club to find out why they don't export. I think the Tayto thing might be to do with licensing or something. Tayto has an interesting wealthy history - first flavoured crisp in the world :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

Why on earth can't you get the world's best soft drink and the world's greatest (and first flavoured) crisp outside of Ireland ?

Are you being somewhat facetious or entirely serious with that question?

I.E. Do you really not understand why products local to one market are not generally available outside that market?

If you were being facetious, then as you were...

A little bit of A, a little bit of B...
    Ok, perhaps I'm naieve but I see UK crisps and drinks on or shelves yet (even in places like Glasgow with a somehwat of an "irish" connection) you can't get Tayto or Club for love nor money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭RDM_83

Thought the Tayto thing was like Magners/Bulmers, from what I remember from friend in England sayinmg was that you could order ROI tayto across the world but not too the UK because of Northern Tayto
    ps you think that UK Tayto taste like Walkers, seriously (IMO taste like King)

I last had them in 2007 and I remember them having that greesy Walkers taste/feel/flavour. I'll try em again.

What exactly is the story with the Northern Irish Tayto thing/Magners&Bulmers thing ?
    You can get a drink called Bulmers in the UK but it's not what we (ROI people) call Bulmers. What we call Bulmers it's called Magners over there.

Cider's rotten anyway, but that's beside the point :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭RDM_83

Ok from the UK website its this

REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
    Tayto (NI) Ltd does not own the Trade Mark Tayto brand name for the Republic of Ireland and we are sorry but we are unable to ship any Tayto branded goods to the Republic Of Ireland.

:(

and unfortunatly for you its this from the Irish one

We deliver worldwide except Ireland, Northern Ireland and United Kingdom.

Presumably its not worth either company making a different trade mark to sell their product in either market, which it must have been for Bulmers ROI to make the Magners brand (think thats all to do with Irish guy called Magner being a partner with Bulmers company in the UK)

Advertisement