Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Declare your SU Allegiances

Options
  • 22-02-2009 3:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

Ok, the purpose of this thread is for everyone to state any bias they might have on the subject of any SU election, such as being on a candidates campaign team, being a candidates brother, being a candidate, etc.

If you have no ties whatsoever, please state that too.

Anyone posting in a thread related to the SU elections, or making posts related to the SU without posting here will be banned - this ban will be lifted as soon as they PM a mod with their bias.

Anyone found to be lying about bias, and subsequently posting in SU threads will be banned - this one will be removed when the temperature of hell drops below.... whatever the temperature it is that hell freezes at. Let's say 0K, just to be on the safe side.

To kick it off, I'm not running for anything, I'm not on anyones campaign team, and I don't have any connection with any of the candidates....to my knowledge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Apathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

Not campaigning for anyone, not related to any candidates, not a candidate.
    No bias I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Flip. Well I am not on anyone's campaign teams nor am I actively supporting any one candidate. I know almost all of the candidates on a personal level and I will be chairing the UCD/SU televised election debates on the 3rd March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

As I said before I'm an ex-hack so I know a couple of candidates through that but won't be campaigning for any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Friends with Chris Bond, Gary Redmond, Donal Hanratty, Ciarán Fitzgerald, Paddy Ryan, Dani Pender, Scott Ahearne, Kimberley Foy, Donncha Ó Suilleabhán, Gary Ward and Mike Pat O'Donoghue

Was in the same class as Dani in first and second year and we were in the Gaeltacht together and I currently live with Donal.

I've already helped Dani, Chris and Ciarán with their campaign in some way.

On work experience during the election week, therefore won't be canvassing for anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Friends with most of the candidates, only campaigning for Dani Pender for Welfare. I'm on placement anyway so I won't be canvassing much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I know and are friends with half of the candidates running, however I'm not campaigning this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I know no one.

I don't agree with this thread though.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

I hate everyone equally.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭simply_dee

Campaigning for Scott Ahearn

*waves at Izzy*

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Non-biased non-apathetic, and I am not on any campaign's team or friends with any candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

I have no idea who's running really, so I have no idea if I'm affiliated with them. I know Dani's running and have hung out with her at some of the beers back in the day, but I don't even recall what she's running for.

I think I can say unaffiliated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

My name is Chris Bond and i'm a candidate for S.U. President

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

No SU affiliations past or present, know 2/3 of the canditates to talk to but that would be about it - only position that I care about would be Ents and to that end I'll probably be roped into postering or something for MPO'D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

no affiliations, don't know anyone running and fairly apathetic to the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Despite the fact that I generally lean towards apathy, this year I think RON is looking like an exceptionally strong candidate.

However, in the interest of total transperency I think I should point out that I campaigned for Scott last year. Not that I know the guy, or have a clue about his policies, but because I was hitting on a female member of his campaign team at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Frankieb

No affiliations don't know them personally but I know who I may vote for!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Non-biased antipathetic.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

know gary ward, don't know the rest, not campaigning for anyone, couldn't give a fiddlers who wins to be honest, well maybe our old friend RON

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

No affiliations, equally cynical of everyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mad lad

I'm in FEE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

To be clear, I don't want people to declare who they're voting for here, and discuss that. In fact, I actively don't want that. I just want people to state if they're running, if they're on campaign teams, or if they have a distinct bias (such as being in FEE above, when it's founder is, afaik, running for SU pres)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

No bias. My signature relates to national politics only, not any SU candidates who happen to be part of the same organisation. All opinions expressed are Copyright © 2009 Breezer. All rights reserved.

The next person who posts saying "I'm voting for X" "I'm not voting for Y" etc, I will assume is shilling for their or their opponents campaign team and ban.

Is it so gorram hard to read before you post?

I've no allegiances, haven't voted for any of them in my 3 years here and don't ever plan on it

From PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

the closest i have to an allegiance is that Julian Brophy's GF is in 2 of my classes

but in truth i hold no bias and will probably not vote :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I have no allegiance to anyone but myself. I am a bit of a loner:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I have no allegiances but I maintain that I will vote for the first person who doesn't make fighting fees a central part of their speech

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

While I know some of the candidates socially, I am not campaigning for anyone, and haven't really decided if I'm even going to vote, let alone for who.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Must Have Music

I know Chris Bond and Paddy Ryan, hope to do some canvassing for em both this week!

Advertisement