Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's Like Naruto & Bleach Manga?

Options
  • 22-02-2009 3:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Both Manga is my favourites and i always read it every friday and saturday at onemanga.com...
    Anyone like it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Who IS LIKE Naruto/Bleach manga?

Well, in terms of power levels, I think Negi Springfield would easily qualify -- in ch242,
    he absorbs the 1000 Bolts technique into his own body, increasing his speed to near-light speed & proceeding to beat on Rakan a bit. And a bit more.
    Then executing a point-blank blast into his back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I read Naruto pretty religiously, never got into Bleach though I still watch the anime(when it isn't ridiculously awful filler).

I've really been loving Naruto recently and I reckon it's now on the home stretch but still with a few loose ends to tie up.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I gave up on the anime for both of them and now I just read the Naruto Manga. Too many characters in Bleach fro my liking. started off well but I just lost interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

I read them both.

One Piece is superior. Far Superior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Shiner88

Yeah..
    I like One Piece too, but unfortunately this week it don't come b'cos the author got holiday! T.T

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Spreedmaster

I love bleach, read it every friday on onemanga (the anime is terrible XD). That and Bakuman I read weekly. I read two volumes of naruto but it was so generic I couldnt read any more. What exactly do people like about it, does it start off slow and only gets good after a few volumes? I just flicked through the recent chapters and the art is diabolical! Early volumes seemed to be drawn better.

Ive just started reading one piece and its great so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Hobbidance

I love bleach, read it every friday on onemanga (the anime is terrible XD). That and Bakuman I read weekly. I read two volumes of naruto but it was so generic I couldnt read any more. What exactly do people like about it, does it start off slow and only gets good after a few volumes? I just flicked through the recent chapters and the art is diabolical! Early volumes seemed to be drawn better.

Ive just started reading one piece and its great so far!

Naruto's an underdog story, so generally everyone's gonna love the drama and tragedy and action etc. It is typically generic and is just a remake of his previous manga '666 Satan' but I still like it :D they sometimes chance upon some spectacular animation during the anime too but it's more they just make the most dramatic and story turning episodes superb and the rest then fall down to average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Spreedmaster

666 Satan is by his twin brother. I have read a bit of that too and I think so far its more interesting than Naruto (but I have only read a small amount of both).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭finalfantasist

I love Bleach, Naruto and One Piece. Curently got vols 26 and 27 of Bleach ordered in Waterstones, otherwise I'd have to wait ages for them to arrive in the local Waterstones. I should do the same with Naruto and One Piece, but I'm lazy and don't want to spend too much money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 i_<3_sasuke

both magmas are awesome because well to put it out there i'm an anime freak and hell yes im proud of it !!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Trent Skydaddy

I haven't tried watching or reading Naruto yet, but recently I started on Bleach and I have to say that I find it amazing but overly drawn out in the tv series!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RageBeat

Yeah, I LOVE Naruto. And I love Bleach too.
    In the anime, the fillers are pretty annoying so I just read the manga now xD
    I'll watch some of the anime though when new characters come in to hear their voices & stuff :D
    But tbh, Fullmetal Alchemist is better lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Naruto is ok its being dragged out now. bleach is so sexy until they decided to repeat the storyline. My favorites are Bebop and Baccano! two classics (classics not as in old but must sees) xD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

I love Bleach, Naruto and One Piece. Curently got vols 26 and 27 of Bleach ordered in Waterstones, otherwise I'd have to wait ages for them to arrive in the local Waterstones. I should do the same with Naruto and One Piece, but I'm lazy and don't want to spend too much money.
    thank you! I just realised how much easier that is than waiting in forbidden planet, it seems there IS another person in the world who hasn't read ahead with bleach and is waiting for the volumes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 laborious

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    thank you! I just realised how much easier that is than waiting in forbidden planet, it seems there IS another person in the world who hasn't read ahead with bleach and is waiting for the volumes :)

You're much better getting it from Hodges Figgis it's only €7.20 and they get them all in as soon as they can plus you can preorder :D so I'm completely up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,209 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I read them both.

One Piece is superior. Far Superior.

one piece is superb

but I love naruto and bleach too

all brilliant manga

these and claymore (claymore 1 issue per month)

spoiler here for naruto 455(latest one)

dont look if your using opera on mobile

Danzo with the sharingan,I was blown away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cats12

I really do like both series but there is a very simple explanation as to why Naruto has Bleach beat by a hair and that is......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Who IS LIKE Naruto/Bleach manga

Strangest bit of grammar nazism I've ever seen:P

Naruto is quite entertaining, but I usually only read ahead a few chapters during filler arcs of the anime to see what's going to happen next

Claymore is a bloody great manga, caught up with it yesterday and I can't wait for the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

I read the Naruto manga, but I don't watch the anime. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Crod

deff Naruto manga is better...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Sean_Alpha

Joseph joestar can kill naruto and ichigo so easily

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Big one piece fan, but i have just started reading Naruto which seems enjoyable and have the first season of bleach on dvd which I enjoyed. But Shonen jump series take so long to get into their stride....

Sean_Alpha wrote: »
    Joseph joestar can kill naruto and ichigo so easily

Stupid old man. He can't even survive being stabbed.

Dio Brando always wins!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

I like Naruto. Believe it! Wouldn't say One Piece - which I also like - is better from what I've read, it doesn't match any where near the level of storytelling when the momentum builds toward the climax of Part I.

Ridley wrote: »
    I like Naruto. Believe it! Wouldn't say One Piece - which I also like - is better from what I've read, it doesn't match any where near the level of storytelling when the momentum builds toward the climax of Part I.

LOL! :D

Oh, wait....

You were serious! :eek:

LOL! :D

Oh, wait....

You were serious! :eek:

In what way is One Piece's storytelling better than Naruto? Only going by what I've read up to - volume 21 - but it's a simple chase for a MacGuffin that was done better in Dragon Ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,209 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

In what way is One Piece's storytelling better than Naruto? Only going by what I've read up to - volume 21 - but it's a simple chase for a MacGuffin that was done better in Dragon Ball.

one piece blows naruto out of the water

You need to ask the opposite question.

Naruto is the single worst written manga I've ever seen!

Seriously! The supporting characters far outclass the protagonists in every way. I only read it for the fights.

LOL BELIEVABLE FEMALE CHARACTERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Sean_Alpha

true naruto does suck beyond many levels come on hes a ninja traffic cone even miko mido can kill him easily its likes a rip off of inyusha and dragonball z mixed in

• Advertisement

You need to ask the opposite question.

Naruto is the single worst written manga I've ever seen!

Seriously! The supporting characters far outclass the protagonists in every way. I only read it for the fights.

LOL BELIEVABLE FEMALE CHARACTERS!

Yes, well, the sidelining of Sakura early on was/is a mistake in my opinion but do you dislike all the female characters? I'm assuming your reaction is based on the Sakura/Ino & Sasuke or Hinata & Naruto shenanigans but what about Tsunade? Temari?

What I prefer over One Piece is just things like the protagonists making promises they can't keep, there's set up for events which don't become relevant for several volumes and stuff like
    Gaara surviving Kimimaro simply because a disease took him out before the fatal blow is delivered
    . It follows the pacing of a TV series.

Advertisement