Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issues with music (Skipping)?

• 22-02-2009 5:05am

Anyone else got this problem, or know if it can be fixed?

Pretty much, attach memory stick, play song, song plays for 5-6 seconds, skips/jumps a bit and moves to the next song (and repeat).

Anyone any idea? It's getting annoying as i want to actually listen to music with it.

(none of the above problem is my own, it's my brothers, i just wrote it in first-person to make it easier to read)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Try a different USB stick maybe? i can't see it being anything else, unless the files are fecked but you (your brother!) would know if that was the case....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Anyone else got this problem, or know if it can be fixed?

Pretty much, attach memory stick, play song, song plays for 5-6 seconds, skips/jumps a bit and moves to the next song (and repeat).

Anyone any idea? It's getting annoying as i want to actually listen to music with it.

(none of the above problem is my own, it's my brothers, i just wrote it in first-person to make it easier to read)

Sounds like either the files are corrupt or they're in an unsupported format. There's an easier way to listen to your music on the 360, instead of plugging in an external memory stick. Check out TVersity, it's a free download, just google it. It'll stream all your media to the 360 from your PC/laptop. It can also transcode files in real time, so if the 360 doesn't support that particular MP3 format, it may solve the problem.
    Hope this helps you out.

This is the second post today that I've recommended TVersity on, you'd swear I worked for them or something! It's a great little application though. It's being developed by some American students and released for free over the web. Enjoy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Sounds like either the files are corrupt or they're in an unsupported format.

If the files were an unsupported format, they wouldn't play at all though....

+1 for Tversity though, tis a good app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

If the files were an unsupported format, they wouldn't play at all though....

+1 for Tversity though, tis a good app.

You're probably right. I just thought that not all MP3 files have the same codecs and perhaps the 360 crashes the file because it doesn't actually support it properly. Just a thought.
    Try reformatting the memory unit in FAT32, make sure that each partition is no more that 39 gigs in size (obviously not an issue if it's a pen drive). That might help...

Hey again all,

Seems to be happening with all music, regardless of memory stick. I must try out some CDs on it and see how i get on. I'll let you know how i do...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

how have you set up your 360 sound options. Have you set it at 5.1, stereo , Dolby digital. Are you using phono (AV red and white), HMDI, VGA with optical.
    Try messing with settings, I know with my 360 hooked up with optical with a splitter for the optical from Chorus I used to get a bit of crackling when the leads weren't connected fully.

But what yours sounds like is corrupt Mp3 files if you ask me.

Advertisement