Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 ACCA exams in June 2009

Options
  • 22-02-2009 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey there folks,

I got my ACCA results there last week - got an 81 in F5, 86 in F9 and only a 59 in P3. Results at previous sitting were F6 - 67, F7 - 92, F8 - 67.

I only have 4 exams to go - P1, P2, P5 and P7. I'm thinking of just sitting the 4 together in June.

I was just wondering if anyone had sat 4 ACCA exams before - and how they found it etc.

My Company gives me time off for BPP taught and revision - and two days per exam. So with taking a week vacation I'll basically have the 6 weeks off before the exam.

Do you think it would be too much?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭aassddff

with those results you should go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 anna08

grey01 wrote: »
    Hey there folks,

you should definetly go for it. I am sure you will have no problem !!!

Can I ask you what make you choose P7 as I am now considering to choose one between P4,P6 & P7 myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 grey01

I work in audit so we have to do P7.

As for the other papers. I hear that no one sits P4 cause it is supposedly too difficult. BPP who I use do not even offer a course for it.

I enjoyed and scored ok on the F tax paper so had considered P6 but I have heard that it is very difficult and basically everything in F6 is assumed knowledge.

So that basically left P5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 accas

I think 4 is too much, one of my classmate did 4 last time, and he had one week off for each exam, his results are: 42, 42, 48, 48. :eek:. you could try if you want, but you do need spend lots of time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EAS45

I did four exams on my own last year and passed two and missed other two by 2 and 3%. I had only 10 days leave including exams. With a little more time and better allocation of that time I think I could have got all 4. I would not consider myself anything exceptional academically.

I would say it would not be a problem at all for you given your results and particularly as you are working in audit, P2 will be the hardest paper i would say. The key obviously is to do a little study right from the start, particular on past exam questions. Don't have any doubts or worry about any negative impact from doing four. I sometimes questioned attempting 4, I worried about it effecting results in the other subjects and this impacted on my motivation. After getting the results, I realised that it wasn't totally impossible to achieve. I would absolutely advise you to do it.

On another point, I was asked to advise a cousin on sitting some exams and I have not sat some of the papers since the syllabus was changed,

what are considered the easiest of the option papers, I did the precursor to the current P4, is the current paper that difficult as noted above?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 accas

P5 is the easiest optional paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hinz

sitting four papers is cool if you know your stuff and have studied the whole syllabi and done the revision kits looking ot for the most commonly asked questions. You will be guaranteed of a pass no doubts.

I'm sitting four papers this june 2009 and was just wondering if there are any study groups running in and around Dublin...i'm doing P2, P3, P4 and P7...

Advertisement