Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick - Tournament Edition

Options
  • 22-02-2009 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

anywhere in ireland we can get these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Not until the next batch come out in 4-6 weeks.

If you're desperate, get a Hori Real Arcade Pro + Sanwa or Seimitsu buttons from AkihabaraShop.jp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭giggsy07

00011000 wrote: »
    anywhere in ireland we can get these?
    Hi u still lookin for a stick t use on sf4?..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

giggsy07 wrote: »
    Hi u still lookin for a stick t use on sf4?..

Everyone is it seems!
    (including me)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Not me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭giggsy07

Check this 1 out lads its compatible wit ps2/ps3 and pc..http://adverts.ie/93915

• Advertisement

giggsy07 wrote: »
    Check this 1 out lads its compatible wit ps2/ps3 and pc..http://adverts.ie/93915
    Ah, the Elecom/Mayflash stick.
    SDTekken link.
    Chinese-made, not completely atrocious (for the price), but there are better out there - MarkMan gives it a pithy D-rating.

At the low-end, I'd try to get a Saulabi stick, or try to find a cheap Hori.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

are all the arcade sticks wired, just out of interest?

i was looking at this one

hori.jpg

any good

I want one for the ps3

All good commercial sticks are wired, either because they're afraid of input lag (theoretically, this is BS), or because it would increase the cost of the stick by another €5-10.

Also, that's a Hori Fighting Stick 3.
    It's not bad, but like all cheap Horis the buttons seem to have a horrible tendency to die pretty suddenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    All good commercial sticks are wired, either because they're afraid of input lag (theoretically, this is BS), or because it would increase the cost of the stick by another €5-10.

Also, that's a Hori Fighting Stick 3.
    It's not bad, but like all cheap Horis the buttons seem to have a horrible tendency to die pretty suddenly.

what would you advice K.O.Kiki

(somthing that wont break the bank)

Honestly, as a first stick the Hori FS3 isn't a bad idea.
    If you Play-Asia had them in stock (and shipping... well, haven't checked that yet), for a cheap stick I could also recommend the Saulabi stick -- it's a Korean bat top, so if you've ever tried the Tekken 5 machines in Dr. Quirkey's, that's what it would feel like.

But with arcade sticks, you get what you pay for.
    If they were available ANYWHERE, I would say get a MadCatz standard edition stick; after that, you're in the realm of HRAPs & customs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    At the low-end, I'd try to get a Saulabi stick, or try to find a cheap Hori.

Ah, it's my trashy stick that sit's underneath my bed! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

I have been loving this game 3.gif Getting a real arcade style stick is a great idea, I'm going to check prices now.

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Ah, it's my trashy stick that sit's underneath my bed! :pac:
    Ah, forgot to mention this:
    Saulabi sticks are weird, because they're Korean.
    This means they use a rubber ring instead of a metal spring (like US/JP sticks) for resistance; and so sometimes the stick will be crap, other times it will be awesome.

Gonna have to hit up my new contact in Korea for "proper" KR sticks soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 captainfuture

Headshot wrote: »
    are all the arcade sticks wired, just out of interest?

i was looking at this one

hori.jpg

any good

I want one for the ps3

Got myself the XBox 360 version of that one, it's a nice stick to use and not of too bad quality either, Hori is a renowned manufacturer in Asia for that sort of stuff. Will have to see though how durable it is using it for a while, but it definately does the trick for now being a rather casual player.
    Got it on release day from Gamestop here in Galway for 54 quid, not sure if they still sell them as I had to pre-order it. Personally I wouldn't spend much more that that on this stick, it's worth the money I guess but still it's a budget option compared to all the Hori Real Arcade's and Fightstick Tournament Editions out there.

Advertisement