Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Buyers?

Options
  • 22-02-2009 11:52am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently married and living in Paris and in about 2 years will have paid off the morgage on our flat that we bought in 2001 for €80,000 (1 bedroom, 4000sq feet). We had it valued last month at €200,000

There's a good chance we'll sell up in the next 2 years and in the case that we move to Ireland to buy a house would we be considered first-time buyers or not?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Nope and rightly so!

Stroll over to www.revenue.ie
    who has not on any previous occasion, either individually or jointly, purchased or built on his/her own behalf a house (in Ireland or abroad) and

where the property purchased is occupied by the purchaser, or a person on his behalf, as his/her only or principal place of residence and

where no rent, other than rent under the rent-a-room-scheme, is derived from the property for five years after the date of the current purchase.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Sure you can well afford the stamp duty :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

4000sqft?! For 80grand in Paris?!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Weird. I was sure I had typed 400 and not 4000.

4000 would be a bit silly :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Ponster wrote: »
    Weird. I was sure I had typed 400 and not 4000.

4000 would be a bit silly :)

In 2 years you might be able to buy a 4000 sq ft property in Dublin for your 200K :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ponster wrote: »
    I'm currently married and living in Paris and in about 2 years will have paid off the morgage on our flat that we bought in 2001 for €80,000 (1 bedroom, 4000sq feet). We had it valued last month at €200,000

There's a good chance we'll sell up in the next 2 years and in the case that we move to Ireland to buy a house would we be considered first-time buyers or not?

Best advise I would give is Stay in Paris.

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement