Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new purchase !

• 22-02-2009 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

got this machine this week :D

been a long time looking for one , i know its not a classic yet , but its getting their :rolleyes:

2 litre fuel injection ascona c

septemberpics2008048-1.jpg

septemberpics2008049-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

Nice car mate.
    I remember my very first car, it was an Ascona C 1.6 diesel, 1982, piss green, 5 door hatch. It was slow, it was noisy, but god was it reliable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Nice? Is it an original Irish one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

very nice...what year is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

The wheels look like they came off a Vectra. They look real well on it actually. Nice car to have , something different and you wont see many more of them. Good stuff she looks lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

2cv wrote: »
    piss green
    what in hell color is that????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

I have never seen a 2 door one before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I drove a 2ltr Vauxhall SRi version a few years ago. Was a very quick car.
    Well done Manta Mad, nice purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

Redrocket wrote: »
    what in hell color is that????

Try eating a curry and have two bottles of wine on top of that... That's piss green

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

They never sold the 2 door Ascona here, though there were a few 1.6's, mostly red with "Sport" or something along the doors.

Thats a nice car and the 2.0i is actully quite fast by modern 2.0 standards.

They look like Vectra Turbo wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭draycottgirlz

very nice, and a rare find these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

I'm not a lover of FWD Opels by any means, but that's a bloody nice car. I never saw a 2-door Ascona C in RHD before. Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

thanks for the comments :o

its a rare car alright , i think its an origanel irish car ,its definatly built & badged opel . ( never a vauxhall )

1987 2.0 litre fuel injection ,disc brakes all round ,full electrics .

will get a few more piccies up when things calm down where i am ;)

i know where theirs 2 more irish ones like this ,but again if they will ever come up for sale or be restored is another thing !

will keep ye posted :)

( oh yeah the wheels are of a vectra , fan blades their called i think ! )

Advertisement