Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRS Question?

Options
  • 22-02-2009 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi,

I am a bit confused about TRS. Myself and my partner (not married) are house hunting. We are both First Time Buyers.

I just looked up revenue.ie and can see the TRS for Single and Married people. Would we get TRS each, or between us as we are both single?

Status Years Ceiling per year Max Relief Relief rate per year
    First Time Buyer 1,2 €10,000 25% €2500

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

ye both get it, so it's double the single person allowance.
    you might have to chase up your lender, some are more on the ball regarding this than others.

it also counts for the first calendar year and the next 6, so if you buy your house later in the year and don't rack up 10k in interest charges this year, you won't get full benefit - this would be a bloody nuisance if you were to buy in November or December

Advertisement