Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Itom Astor Supersport 50cc

• 22-02-2009 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

Guys,

Does anybody on here know where id get a new piston for one of these. The previous owner took the barrel off and then decided to push the bike around in gear and cracked the piston.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6281/pa130049re4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I've no idea. Not much help that, but thought I'd just say that I love the bike!

Presumably it is not going to be your daily commuter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

can you get the dimensions of the piston, ie piston diameter, gudeon pin diameter, distance from centre of pin to piston crown, i presume its a 2 stroke engine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

nereid wrote: »
    I've no idea. Not much help that, but thought I'd just say that I love the bike!

Presumably it is not going to be your daily commuter.

ROFL, no definitely not, it had a top speed of 65mph and im sure that was with a lightweight Italian riding it not a 17st Paddy on it!
    macnab wrote: »
    can you get the dimensions of the piston, ie piston diameter, gudeon pin diameter, distance from centre of pin to piston crown, i presume its a 2 stroke engine

Yeah have all of these as i have now stripped the engine completely and need a new/repaired piston to finish it off.

Do you know somebody who could remanufacture one?

Healyc wrote: »
    ROFL, no definitely not, it had a top speed of 65mph and im sure that was with a lightweight Italian riding it not a 17st Paddy on it!

Yeah have all of these as i have now stripped the engine completely and need a new/repaired piston to finish it off.

Do you know somebody who could remanufacture one?

Manufacture is possible, but I have found in the past that lots of diffetent bikes are designed to take the same piston, so your piston might possibly be the same as a 50cc moped or even a 50cc motorcross bike. Post the dimensions and I will have a root around to see what info I can come up with if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ha thats a deadly little bike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

macnab wrote: »
    Manufacture is possible, but I have found in the past that lots of diffetent bikes are designed to take the same piston, so your piston might possibly be the same as a 50cc moped or even a 50cc motorcross bike. Post the dimensions and I will have a root around to see what info I can come up with if you like.

Cheers macnab, ill take it off tomorrow and measure it!

It has the numbers 40 stamped on the top of the piston
    seanybiker wrote: »
    ha thats a deadly little bike

Yeah it sure is, my one has loads of history behind it. It was rode by the First Woman Maeve Mulvany to race competetively on the Irish Road Racing scene and the bike was raced at the North West & IOM TT.

This is project number 2 as the CB400/4 is nearly complete.

I love those 400/4's, i used to commute on a '76 4/4 years ago. Please put up more pics when she is completed.

Advertisement