Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting something mixed into a song

• 22-02-2009 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get the introduction to the Leaving Cert irish aural tape remixed into some generic techno/trance/house song for an upcoming party. Does anyone know someone who could do this for me? Or is it easy to do yourself?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

should be easy enough to do yourself. Try virtual dj, play the tune you want and sync the tempo on the LC aural cd and Bob's your uncle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Jay D wrote: »
    should be easy enough to do yourself. Try virtual dj, play the tune you want and sync the tempo on the LC aural cd and Bob's your uncle.
    not that easy id say.because its a spoken word not held to a timeframe(like an accapella is someone singing to a backing track with the backing track removed)
    youll more than likely have bigger fluctuations in tempo and some of the beats and drops wont work with the vocal.youll more than likely have to chop up the audio into short phrases of a few seconds in lenght and then piece it back in time with the track.
    so yeah good luck with that
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭djdeclan

I'm with seannash on this one, in order to do it right you'll have to chop it into words or phrases and try to dub that over the backing track. You also have the option of putting it in as a breakdown so that it doesn't have to match the vocal to the beat, however this could sound a bit boring and lazy.
    if you do go ahead with it then post up a link in here, I'd love to hear something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

That's really funny. I would make a fair stab at that. If you can send me an MP3 of the spoken word samples I'd get it done for you in a couple of hours.

It wouldn't be a polished finished piece by any means but more than adequate for the job you need it for. Is this the sort of thing you're after??:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPONH2j4In8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

fabbydabby wrote: »
    That's really funny. I would make a fair stab at that. If you can send me an MP3 of the spoken word samples I'd get it done for you in a couple of hours.

It wouldn't be a polished finished piece by any means but more than adequate for the job you need it for. Is this the sort of thing you're after??:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPONH2j4In8

Yeah, that's it pretty much. Though the tempo would need to be lower, around 130BPM. Also we'd be hoping to incorporate that trademark beep sound on it, into some rave horn or something. I'll post up an mp3 of when I get my hands on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

hey man,you'd be best playing the irish sample/intro at the start,then bring in your beat/pattern.then drop/crossfade your irish spoken word in and out of your track..

the spoken word will not have any tempo.since its....spoken word!

And by the way,i presume you are doing this for a " bit of a laugh" i presume??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

kenny and keevo's 2002 "christmas roller" (three drops VIP remix) had samples from the irish aurals as well as shout outs from heads pretending to be mary harney, mick lally, Big L, eamon devalera and ulick from (now sadly defunct) tag records

i could upload?

oh, it also breaks down into a kenny and keevo covering a bon jovi song, three christmas carols and the theme tune to the fresh prince of bel air...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Haha, quality!
    Would love to hear that, cm!
    I'd also be happy to take a stab at making this if you could get an mp3 of the aural to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Count me in as well :D I could do something really ****ed up like A.S.Y.S - Acid Nightmare, except with bits of Irish thrown in over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

yo,ill definatly do a mix aswell.for the laugh....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

tman wrote: »
    Haha, quality!
    Would love to hear that, cm!
    I'd also be happy to take a stab at making this if you could get an mp3 of the aural to me

Go on to examinations.ie, go to the exam material archive, select a year, etc. Then download the mp3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Cheers...
    Just copped the date of the original post, is it still worth doing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I think ya should PM him, he hasnt posted in thread for a while.

This could be really good fun. And, its given me an idea, Steve Mac - Paddy's Duck Fuffys Revenge. (HSD students will get it:))

Advertisement