Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with BT broadband help!

Options
  • 22-02-2009 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Having a poblem with my broadband.I am unable to connect onto my internet,the wireless,internet and DSL lights are all green.I have tryed connecting using an ethernet cable but to no avail.I rang BT technical support and they said it could not be a fault with the ADSL microfilters or the modem as the DSL light is green so there is a problem between the laptop and the modem.Managing network connections seems to confirm this.It is quite strange though as when I try to find out what wireless connection I can avail of,it comes up I am connected to an unknown network,not my BT Voyager network.The technical support told me to try to access http://192.168.1.1 but I was unble to do this.He made me do a RUN program and it appears that myself as a user on the laptop am unable to access it.This all came up on a black screen,similar to a program page if that makes any sense.Anyhow he claimed it was most likely a problem with my security settings.He gave me no assistance with reviewing these settings.Anyhow I disabled my firewall briefly and this made no difference.Also I have made no changes recently to my default internet explorer security settings.My free AVG is regularly updated and I would hope is not the problem.I am absolutely perplexed,hope somebody can help.I have not been overly impressed with these so called technical support experts.
    Ta,
    Selig:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

ok, (assuming xp) while connected to the modem with wire, on your laptop go to 'start'->'run' -> type 'cmd'. From the popped up window type 'ipconfig /all' and post the results here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Degsie ta for your offer of assistance!Problem sorted,network and wireless network cards uninstalled and reinstalled!
    Selig:D

Advertisement