Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concern over Ballywater Biogas Plant planning permission

Options
  • 22-02-2009 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Saw something in the paper and got an email from someone who attended a meeting in Ballygarrett Community Hall last night.
    Planing permission 20090093

Am looking into it a bit more, extract from email:
    50 trucks daily with 25 tones going through Wells & Kilmuckridge; Biogas plant planning permission deadline for objections is this Friday!
    Do you know about this - do your neighbours know about this?
    I attended a meeting in Ballygarrett last night about the Biofuel Plant planning permission for Ballywaltrim Farm Kilmuckridge and transport route from N11 - Ballycanew - Wells should all be concerned about the impact of this development.
    Main issues
    Health safety
    -air borne & water pollution,
    - road safety,
    - no infrastructure to support this type of development
    - effect on local amenities
    - impact on rural community

Planning permission number:20090093

DEADLINE FOR OBJECTIONS IS THIS FRIDAY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

My parents live near there and were at the meeting, Bert Allen should put it in his own backyard if he wants it so bad. Where does he live anyone?

Somthing similar happened in Crossabeg before.

Website of a protest group is here:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20070212105520/http://www.riverslaney.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CookesandCo

Thanks for that link - really helpful - I'll pass it back to the friend I got the email off she is part of the residence committee that are trying to raise awareness and deal with whats going on.
    I think the biggest issue is there was no public consultation done and there is very little information in the public domain on this. The deadline is urgent for objections.

Adding to that the planning permission was delayed going up on the Wexford County Council Planning Website & I hear that there are a load of maps and two 120 page documents (if you went to the county councils offices and requesed all the documentation it would cost you €300 - €400 to get it all)!

I think that Ballygarret group are hosting a meeting in the parish hall Tuesday night 8pm for support/help with writing the objections and Thursday night also. I'll double check. If you know anyone who lives in Kilmuckridge will you let them know there does n't seem to be any information circulating there & thats where all the trucks will be driving through!

I know that all of the papers and submissions used by that group are online.

I'll email the guy who ran that website to see where they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Gorey Guardian article here

• Advertisement

Just confirming a meeting in Ballygarrett Community Hall (opposite Redmonds shop) 8pm Tuesday the 24th of Feb, all the information planning documents, Environmental Impact Statement, maps etc will be in the hall for viewing. Planing ref number 20090093 Wexford CC Planing link click here

The group has set up an email address biogasconcern@gmail.com

There will also be some members of the group available in same hall on Thursday.

DEADLINE FOR OBJECTIONS IS 2nd March <<Next Monday>> the group recommend people put in objections by Friday this week.

Got an email to say that the riverslaney site is back online. Seems the domain was bought or something.

Anyway, you can see some of the documents used which may be helpful.

best of luck!

www.riverslaney.org

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

hey guys, fair play to you all. Power to the people.

we have had a planning application recently in our housing estate in gorey that has caused a lot of controversy. The Planning application 20082632 is to construct a link road through our housing estate linking one road in gorey to another thru our estate. the (planning dept) of the council appear to be in favour despite almost 80 objection from residents from the 5 small estates affected. even with 80 objections they sought further information and in this, not one bit did it address any concern of then 80 residents. :mad:

the builders then sent them the FI and asaik, nothing new. we are all objecting again anyway and are fully prepared and expecting to go to an board pleanala. the whole application stinks of pure builders scratching the councils back so they can continue to build even more houses in an estate that was said to be final phase etc. with so many issues of safety, noise, pollution, road widths, rat run, althernative routes, it seems that none of these are being addressed. the executive decision has probably already been made on ours, the council want it, the builders want it, and FOOK what the actual residents think or want. sure they dont matter. apologies of this thread if im hijacking it , but the situation seems to be the same. best of luck with your campaign guys.;)

we set up a website too. http://ramsgatevillage.blogspot.com

I remember from the riverslaney campaign (I wasn't involved, just helped out here and there) that you really needed to ram home one point. For them, it was the location of the plant and they got quite a bit written up about that (you can see it on the website).

Worst thing (I would imagine, but I am no expert) would be a string of 'general' complaints that don't give the council or the planning people specifics.

wreckless wrote: »
    apologies of this thread if im hijacking it , but the situation seems to be the same. best of luck with your campaign guys.;)

Hum! Set up your own thread!:rolleyes:

Seriously whats your advice on the best way to get documents out to people in the next few days even important links to sites help with writing planning objection letters?
    Can I post links here? we don't have time to set up a website before Friday...
    Zaraba whats your suggestion?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Use blogspot - I don't know how the admins would take to running a campaign from here and you won't get an answer within a couple of days!

Blogspot gives you are free website, eg ballywaterbiogas.blogspot.com and requires no technical knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrPreachan

Murtinho wrote: »
    My parents live near there and were at the meeting, Bert Allen should put it in his own backyard if he wants it so bad. Where does he live anyone?

Near Brownswood Enniscorthy. I will provide exact location for a price! Only heard about this last night, and though I'm not living in the area anymore I will do some research into it.

http://biogasconcern.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the support.

A meeting is being organised in Kilmuckridge 8pm, Sean Ogs Thursday 26 Feb.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

Its in the upstairs restuarant in sean ogs thursday 8pm i think

Advertisement