Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Webdesign Sites

Options
  • 22-02-2009 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

HI All
    Are there any other good sites out there similar to www.webs.com and/or www.wix.com I want to start a project and just want to make sure that I don't miss a better one. Cheers Oliver

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 JoeRow

The answer to that question depends on what you'd like the website to do. webs.com is seriously limiting and wix.com is for flash.

I am a huge fan of wordpress.org and would recommend that but still it's hard to answer when the objectives of the website are unknown

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Not free, but SquareSpace is all the rage at the moment. Have a look at the (poorly voiced over) demo video.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭gypsy777

Joomla gets my vote although it got a seriously steep learning curve associated with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 itexpert

I am not in favour of automated website design softwares cause they do not follow search engine principles - in my opinion anyhow.

Advertisement