Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inturder 125. Won't start.

• 22-02-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

:rolleyes:Hi have an intruder 125 , haven't used it much in last couple months and usually take the battery out of it. However when I put the battery back in yesterday, it wont turn the starter motor. Tried taking it out and recharging , checking the leads etc but still nothing. Was able to start it with a push but again electric starter wouldn't budge. I presume the starter is shagged, could I be missing something else ? Is there any repairing of these starters or will I need a new one if its gone. ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭finto

shawnee wrote: »
    :rolleyes:Hi have an intruder 125 , haven't used it much in last couple months and usually take the battery out of it. However when I put the battery back in yesterday, it wont turn the starter motor. Tried taking it out and recharging , checking the leads etc but still nothing. Was able to start it with a push but again electric starter wouldn't budge. I presume the starter is shagged, could I be missing something else ? Is there any repairing of these starters or will I need a new one if its gone. ?

Have you checked your fuses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

dont think its the fuse as starter seems to try and then dies.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Sounds like you need a new battery.

Battery is only a year old and have charged it up fully and is showing as charged on my charger.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

But is it holding its charge under load? :rolleyes: I could be wrong but as far as i know batteries need to be left on a trickle charge when storing them over winter otherwise they die.

• Advertisement

Battery shows as being charged on my charger, so perhaps Ill try another one just in case.

Advertisement