Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon d80 ebay.

• 22-02-2009 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Was looking at a nikon d80 on ebay recently. It has a couple of lens , flash and camera. Seems good value if all is in good nick. Anyone have any experience of these cameras and how good are they. ?;) I don't have a digital slr at the moment this seems good value as I cannot afford a new one with lenses and flashgun.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The D80 is a good camera. It has been replaced in the Nikon range by the D90 but would still be an excellent first dSLR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Sounds like one of those kits that they just put crappy stuff into to boost the price and usually you're not getting a very good deal..?

If it's just a user who is selling it as he's upgraded then it should all be ok..What are the lenses?And what do you want to use it for?Like sports,landscapes etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

The camera is a nikon d80 , and has two nikor lenses 35-70and 55-200 also has sigma 70-300 dg macro, vivitar 70-150 and speedlight flash sb600. I am interested in doing portrait photography and the odd landscape. Camera with lenses is a available for under 600 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

It's quite a good kit the only let down would be the 35-70 as it's not very wide.The grip aswell is a plus,The fact it's got 1day and abit left i think it might go up abit by then,Good luck though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 galwayniamh

I have one of the D80s. Bought it last year. excellent camera. ok its my first dlsr but i'm totally in love with it! D90 has some extra bits and bobs like video in HD, but not sure its worth the extra cash tho. Lenses are lenses, will fit any nikon camera, so think about the body unit. Can you get, for tht money, those lenses and a d90 body? if not, and i think not, then 600 euros for d80 is a steal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭nilhg

shawnee wrote: »
    The camera is a nikon d80 , and has two nikor lenses 35-70and 55-200 also has sigma 70-300 dg macro, vivitar 70-150 and speedlight flash sb600. I am interested in doing portrait photography and the odd landscape. Camera with lenses is a available for under 600 euro.

I think you'd have to budget for buying a wider lens as well if you want to do much landscape shooting, 35mm on a crop body is not really wide enough.

Thanks for the advice all, I find these lenses numbers etc hard to figure. What would be the most suitable lens for portraits and the most suitable for landscape on a nikon d80 ?:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭nilhg

Thanks for the advice all, I find these lenses numbers etc hard to figure. What would be the most suitable lens for portraits and the most suitable for landscape on a nikon d80 ?:o

Peoples preferences differ, but the commonly for landscapes something around 18mm, for head and shoulder portraits 50mm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

Very nice camera x.gif I bought one 2 months ago very happy with it so far, definite upgrade over my last Canon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I bought one last year...body only. I've since bought an 18-70mm, 50mm F1.8 and 70-300VR lens to complement it. I've also picked up some extension tubes for macro shots (not used them yet) and some filters (uv filters and CPL's). Next addition will be a decent flash unit (sb600 or sb800).
    All in all it's the perfect setup (for me at least) and will suffice until I decide to go full frame.

Thanks for the info Nilhg , and thanks to all the other contributors also. Wel see how it goes from here.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The 55-200 would be perfect for portraits (If it's sharp)

personally, I'd probably do portraits with either the 50mm f/1.8 prime, or 70-200 f/2.8 (on either end depending on what I'm going for - doesn't hurt to take a few steps back ;))

Crop sensor body? You're talking probably 18mm.. On full frame, anything from 24mm ish downwards is wide-angle - grand for landscapes (or crazy portrait effects)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 galwayniamh

the lenses in that ebay listing will be fine for portraiture, but probably not give you what you'd expect for landscape. Nforce pointed out 18-70mm is better and s/he's right. but that said when i first bought my nikon i was SO taken aback that i could only sit back and say WOW at any picture it took. only now I've become a bit numb to the amazing pictures am I looking at different lenses.

Advertisement