Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sciphone i68+ (Iphone clone) on O2 prepay

• 22-02-2009 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Just got his phone on ebay, worked fine straight away on my O2 sim but just having some hardship with the internet.

it obviously has all the same grps options as the iphone so i ve edited the default chinese networks to O2's info. Ive tried the "open.internet" apn for contract customers, also tried "pp.internet" apn which is alledgedly for prepay ppl, but each time i set them to my active data account, im either getting a "gprs not subscribed" error or i get a blank hanging page.

The only success ive had is when i use what i think are wap settings from my old phone, ie pp.wap.o2.ie with a ip address n port number typed into the phone, using that info i can get online..... s...l....o....w...l....y. So I think this is just crappy wap.

Anyone here have an iphone working on speakeasy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's another thread about it here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055490717
    See if that's any use to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Paddo81

Yeah i saw that thread before i posted, not really the same issue. I know my phone isnt locked cos i can use it. Most places say just type in the apn open.internet and use "gprs" for the u/name n p/word but thats not working.

O2 themselves arent much help just giving me the company spiel about this situation not being supported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

True, I seem to have just seen the similiar phone and tried to link both threads without digesting your whole post at all. sorry about that!

Contact O2 data support 1850 601740 and ask them to make sure that the ISP / internet access point is provisioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Have you tried

Username: gprs

Password: gprs

with any of the above APN's?

My iphone would not work with any O2 ireland APN until I put those passwords and username in. Even though O2 say none is needed.

Advertisement