Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New fish shop on south richmond street

• 22-02-2009 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

There's a new fish shop on South Richmond Street - called Sea Pearls or something similar. And unusually, it's open 11am-8pm.

/.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Really? You wouldn't happen to own it or anything, would you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Faith wrote: »
    Really? You wouldn't happen to own it or anything, would you?
    A bit harsh? He's admittedly made only 2 other posts, but neither have been about this shop. And if he was really wanting to pimp his own business, I suspect he'd have given us a bit more information than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 polipo

No. Fish shops in central Dublin are scarce enough. There's one on lower Baggot St near Tesco and there's Kish on Bow St. Sawers which used be just off Grafton Street, moved into a butchers down Stephen Street and then closed.

There are fish counters in Fallon and Byrne, the Fresh supermarkets and some of the Asian supermarkets but almost none of the city centre Tesco and Dunnes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've been meaning to pop into Sea Pearls now for a while. Since I moved to Dublin, I've found it hard to get easy access to good fresh fish, so I hope that Sea Pearls will fit the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 whitetea

Do they have a fresh oysters there? How is it pricewise?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 polipo

The day I was in there they had fresh oysters as well as one bag each of clams (surf clams @ 6 euro/kilo) and mussels (3-4 euro/kilo). Can't remember what the oysters were, but prices in general were middle of the road. Fresh on Camden St and Superquinn in Ranelagh also normally have fresh oysters (75c in Fresh if I recall correctly).

Advertisement