Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is pup safe from stray cats?

Options
  • 22-02-2009 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question to ask - My pup is 13 weeks old and has gotten all his vaccinations, last one was just saturday. I want to start putting him in the back yard to get him used to outside (before he goes on proper walks eventually). The thing is, there are a few stray cats that come into the yard and I doubt that they have been vaccinated. My question is - is my pup safe from catching anything from them. Is it the fact that my pup is the one vaccinated, and it doesn't matter whether the cats are or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Once your pup is vaccinated and regularly wormed and de-fleaed s/he will be fine! Don't forget your yearly booster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

I don't see how ''putting him in the back yard'' prepares him for walks :confused: Why will he be walked ''eventually''?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

Jules wrote: »
    Once your pup is vaccinated and regularly wormed and de-fleaed s/he will be fine! Don't forget your yearly booster!

Thanks Jules. He's completely up to date with everything, and I won't forget the yearly booster either. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

A friend of mine brought home a new puppy and the neighbour's cat attacked him in the garden, resulting in the loss of an eye.

The cat probably thought that he owned the territory.

Don't want to scare you but it's something to be wary of.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Hi, just give the last injection anothere day or two just to be sure.

• Advertisement

wilson10 wrote: »
    A friend of mine brought home a new puppy and the neighbour's cat attacked him in the garden, resulting in the loss of an eye.

The cat probably thought that he owned the territory.

Don't want to scare you but it's something to be wary of.

I will be wary of that, thanks. I'll watch him all the time he is out the back, just to be on the safe side.

Hi, just give the last injection anothere day or two just to be sure.

He got his last injection Saturday morning and the vet said to leave it a day or two before I take him outside. I was going to bring him out tomorrow (monday) - do you think this is too soon, should I leave it mid week instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Hi Graceland,
    I know this is off topic but do you have any pics of him?

Hi Graceland,
    I know this is off topic but do you have any pics of him?

I have loads of pics of him. If I can figure out how to post one, I'll do it, lol.

Advertisement