Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know any butchers selling haslet?

Options
  • 22-02-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭

to the best of my knowledge haslet was withdrawn from the market after the DOA ruled that it's traceability was questionable. i was still able to get it up to a year ago from a butcher my wife knew in ballyfermot but even he's stopped doing it now.

anyone know of any butchers(preferably in dublin) that are selling it or will i have to head across the border to get it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MzFusspot

Saw it in a butchers on Meath st 2 weeks ago, if you're coming from the Thomas st end it's the second butchers up on the right hand side of the road. It was in the cabinet directly opposite the door, the one with all the trotters and salted neckbones and the like. Did a little happy-dance when I saw it :D mmmmmmm haslet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I was going to get some in Pettits in Arklow last Saturday, till the assistant decided to serve 5 customers at the raw meat counter who got there after me, before she was going to serve me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

MzFusspot wrote: »
    Saw it in a butchers on Meath st 2 weeks ago, if you're coming from the Thomas st end it's the second butchers up on the right hand side of the road. It was in the cabinet directly opposite the door, the one with all the trotters and salted neckbones and the like. Did a little happy-dance when I saw it :D mmmmmmm haslet

i'll check that out next week. everyone i know thinks i'm a weirdo for liking haslet:confused:

i love the stuff:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Have to drag this one back up again just to update it. Tesco now do haslet in their pre-packed cold meats section,bought a load of it the other day!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I got some in Tesco's about 2 months ago ( after the silly re-branding thing ) . But it disappeared almost as quickly as it appeared.

Also to be honest , it wasn't really very nice , quite wet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Davidth88 wrote: »
    I got some in Tesco's about 2 months ago ( after the silly re-branding thing ) . But it disappeared almost as quickly as it appeared.

Also to be honest , it wasn't really very nice , quite wet

i'd say 90% of meat sold in tesco's tastes god awful anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

my local centra (edenmore) had it yesterday. maybe other centras would be worth trying

Advertisement