Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Car Sales" at old Jet Station Dublin Rd. Dundalk

Options
  • 22-02-2009 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the "car sales" yard thats after appearing at the old Jet Station on the Dublin rd in Dundalk.

I saw a car I'm interested in there yesterday...notice on the window advertising a number to call.....

About 20 cars there, not all of them for sale by same person evidently.....

Before I call the number up....does anyone know anything good/bad about this place.....are people just using it to display cars for sale, is it associated with any garages.....

Any info appreciated......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

This is the old Crossons Opel garage you mean? Some of those cars have been parked up there for months! I know that my neighbour had a few cars down there on and off, its not associated with any garage by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 starsat

think more cars are been sold there than all the garages put together certainly more than crossans ever sold...:):)
    think they are just individuals selling there cars or vans on the cheap( ie not advertising in autotrader or local rags) might get a bit of a deal.. its a buyers market;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I work around that area. Just park your car there and put a price on it, it seems.

Some of the cars seem to be cheap enough. I thought they would have clamped down on it by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cpt Tremendous

Its not an offial or licensed selling ground, people just use it as a spot for advertising cars, i pass it several times a week and some of the cars there have been sitting there for months, many people just abandone the cars with a number in the window, others drop them off and take them away once a week or whatever.

Contact the owner but make sure you take it for a test drive first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Be very careful as its a private sale you get no warranty at all, Buyer beware, have a mechanic check out any car there before you buy

• Advertisement
Advertisement