Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolutely Ridiculous .

Options
  • 22-02-2009 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭

There's a diff between calling someone a d*ck and telling them that they're being a d*ck.

Yet I get an infraction?

How's that fair?

:cool:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If you could provide a link it would make it easier for people to give you proper feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Your going to get the usual replies here first, ie, "did you pm Terry" and "its only an infraction, get over it".

For what its worth, I agree your comments in that thread. The whole thing is a train wreck. It should be moved to the Cuckoo's nest and re-named the "Make a more insensitive post than the last poster" thread.

Its the Jane Goody thread in AH, by the way, from about post 400.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

OMG! That's so gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

youre being gay mooney!

I dunno that soundss a little harsh when i read it back. Im sorry mooney :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    There's a diff between calling someone a d*ck and telling them that they're being a d*ck.

No there's not. Come off it.

I find it hilarious that the people being chastised as insensitive and shameful for voicing their opinions (however harsh) on Jade Goody, are the ones being called names by the same people claiming that we should all be super-special nice to Jade just because she's sick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, it's like the "bah humbug" thread at Christmas by someone who doesn't like Christmas followed by lots of "You hate Christmas? Miserable kunt!" comments. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Cheeky_Gal wrote:
    Acacia wrote: »
    How does that work exactly? What if his genuine opinion is that he's glad that Jade has cancer rather than another person? Just because you find it un-palatable , it doesn't mean he's being a 'd*ck' about it.

Why would you bother logging onto a public forum just to rant about someone been more deserving to die than the next? It's gutless and pathetic. So yes he is being a d*ck about it :mad:
    This is why the infraction was given.

Did she PM me?
    Yes, 5 minutes before starting this thread. I wasn't on-line at the time of the PM.

Will I be requsting the infraction be reversed?
    No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Terry wrote: »
    No.
    Hardcore... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Prawo Jazdy

Yet I get an infraction?

How's that fair?

Probably Gordon Cheeky_Gal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Terry wrote: »
    This is why the infraction was given.

Did she PM me?
    Yes, 5 minutes before starting this thread. I wasn't on-line at the time of the PM.

No.

No need to be a d*ck about it Terry.

Oh no she didn't...

:mad:

• Advertisement

No need to be a d*ck about it Terry.

Oh no she didn't...

:mad:

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Yet I get an infraction?

How's that fair?

I'd give an infraction for both or either, regardless of the hair-splitting semantics.

sceptre wrote: »
    I'd give an infraction for both or either, regardless of the hair-splitting semantics.

Smod conspiracy. :eek:

I make this stuff in my head :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Acacia wrote: »
    No there's not. Come off it.

I find it hilarious that the people being chastised as insensitive and shameful for voicing their opinions (however harsh) on Jade Goody, are the ones being called names by the same people claiming that we should all be super-special nice to Jade just because she's sick.
    Once anybody gets into the name calling regardless their strong views ,you lose the argument .I made the mistake once here on the forum and it wasn't that I regretted saying what I siad , it was saying it on a public forum were I suspected I might be pulled about it .Although nothing as crass involving the death of somebody .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Duiske wrote: »
    Your going to get the usual replies here first, ie, "did you pm Terry" and "its only an infraction, get over it".

For what its worth, I agree your comments in that thread. The whole thing is a train wreck. It should be moved to the Cuckoo's nest and re-named the "Make a more insensitive post than the last poster" thread.

Its the Jane Goody thread in AH, by the way, from about post 400.
    It's Jade not Jane ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Duiske wrote: »
    The whole thing is a train wreck. It should be moved to the Cuckoo's nest and re-named the "Make a more insensitive post than the last poster" thread.
    :facepalm:

NOT what tCN is for!!

In fact, very much the opposite to the spirit of the place ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

NOT what tCN is for!!

Yeah, Your quite right. Wrong choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,224 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

NOT what tCN is for!!

I agree...in my pants.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

PENIS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The thread is a joke at this stage as it has been reduced to one or two posters knowingly stirring up **** and trying to provoke other posters. Lock the thing FFS.

• Advertisement

LOUD NOISES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Rb, that's not actually very nice. Not very nice at all.

Hi cheeky_gal, I'm sorry I'm only getting to this now. :(

You broke some rules, but really, an infraction is nothing to get all het up about, it's like a teacher threatening you with lines, but not actually giving you any lines.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Rb wrote: »

LOLLerscates :pac:

Somehow I reckon that if all your infractions and warnings were put on planet and all hers put on another, it would be pretty obvious which one would have the bigger gravitational pull.

She is only a kid, cop yourself on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

can we just take it as read that tons of people will freak the bins over this remark, and rb will at some stage apologise and retract it, possibly once he hears how cheeky has either been sterilised or that being sterile runs in her family*.

No need for the righteous indignation and specifically, no need to mention the thunderdome. G'Night everybody!

*I know, I know.

Des wrote: »
    Rb, that's not actually very nice. Not very nice at all.

Hi cheeky_gal, I'm sorry I'm only getting to this now. :(

You broke some rules, but really, an infraction is nothing to get all het up about, it's like a teacher threatening you with lines, but not actually giving you any lines.

Lol, excellent.
    tbh wrote: »
    can we just take it as read that tons of people will freak the bins over this remark, and rb will at some stage apologise and retract it, possibly once he hears how cheeky has either been sterilised or that being sterile runs in her family*.

If there was any truth behind this, I believe society could breath a sigh of relief :)

slideways wrote: »
    She is only a kid, cop yourself on.

Completely irrelevant. There's a ton of other "kids" on this site who carry themselves well and in a pretty mature manner, she does not.

Edit: Also, don't bother coming back with some shit like "There's a ton of adults who carry themselves well and in a mature manner, you do not".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Completely irrelevant. There's a ton of other "kids" on this site who carry themselves well and in a pretty mature manner, she does not.

/waves at piste in a manner which is both patronising and complimentary in the same gesture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

And once again, Cheeky_Gal proves herself to be the ideal candidate for forced sterilisation.

The-leopard-cannot-change-h.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement