Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Remix pakages?

• 22-02-2009 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

So i am doing my first release and ive been asked to make a remix package for the other artists on the label to get stuck into.

Just wondering what i need to include in this?

From what ive gathered itll need to be in wav format anyway, im just not sure what parts i need to put in, like for example do I really need to split everything up including all the drum sounds etc? And do i need to send along a midi file aswell?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Best thing to do would be to ask them - normally its just a mix of frozen stems plus single shot or 4/4 loops for your drums and triggered samples.

Also what got released, the Dolphin? How many labels did you apply to and how - also what label you releasing on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

jimi_t wrote: »
    Best thing to do would be to ask them - normally its just a mix of frozen stems plus single shot or 4/4 loops for your drums and triggered samples.

Also what got released, the Dolphin? How many labels did you apply to and how - also what label you releasing on?

The Dolphin is gonna be one of the tracks on it but its not the title track, its more of a deep techno track with vocal samples called "Disapear", its more of the sound of the label.

Havent really sent tracks away to many labels, just been sending my tracks round to a few irish labels i like, the label realeasing it is Triple One Records, been sending stuff to them through myspace for a while and I ended up meeting the guy who runs it out one night and it just went from there.

heres their myspace www.myspace.com/tripleonerecords 1by1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

normally its all the melodic elements(bassline,leadline and stuff like pads or arps or whatever)
    no need for your drums unless theres a unique element in your drums in that case include the unique element.
    also send them dry,with no effects on them and no panning.
    thats it really

Advertisement