Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Way to Final

Options
  • 22-02-2009 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

As i've said in another thread through good/bad luck I find myself in the position that I maybe able togo to the cup final.

Couple of options I have are:

one of those packages for €400 (not the best option as more then likely i'll be traveling on my own)

Flying in and out form Cork on the day and trying to get a ticket form a Tout, Anyone any idea how much this will cost? I don't care what end etc. because again more then likely be traveling all by my lonesome.

I also have a small chance of flying over on the sat and back the monday crashing at a mates with my Bro then again trying to source tickets on the day.

If I went over and couldn't get tickets Where would be the best place as a spurs fan to watch it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Joycee

Not sure what it will be like this year, but last year I walked up and down Wembley Way for over an hour before the match looking to buy a ticket.

My buddy got one off a tout for £400 - It was in the Chelsea end and it wasnt a great view he said. I only had £300 and was laughed at by the touts.

I watched the match in an Irish pub around the corner called The Parish. They had the match on a big screen and the place was full of Spurs Fans.

Best of luck, but dont rely on getting one off the touts.

I'm just glad I got my tickets for this match..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'd expect prices in excess of £300 for the Spurs end to be honest.

If you are travelling and intend watching the game in a boozer, I'm told Wembley Central tube station is nearer the pubs and clubs in the area, but it's a longer walk to the ground. Wembley Park is closer to the ground, and will pretty much deposit you on Wembley Way.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

ziedth wrote: »
    Hey All,

As i've said in another thread through good/bad luck I find myself in the position that I maybe able togo to the cup final.

Couple of options I have are:

one of those packages for €400 (not the best option as more then likely i'll be traveling on my own)

Flying in and out form Cork on the day and trying to get a ticket form a Tout, Anyone any idea how much this will cost? I don't care what end etc. because again more then likely be traveling all by my lonesome.

I also have a small chance of flying over on the sat and back the monday crashing at a mates with my Bro then again trying to source tickets on the day.

If I went over and couldn't get tickets Where would be the best place as a spurs fan to watch it?

Marathon Sports had an advert in Sunday Times yesterday for €295 for ticket and 1 night accom - no travel. You might be in Utd end but you can keep quiet until we win and they will get lost for presentation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Google an Irish company called Allstar, they are doing a package for a club wembley level ticket which can be combined with a flight rather than a hotel, it works out at

(dept Dub 489 + 70tax, dept Cork 519 + 70tax, dept Waterford 549 + 70 tax) flying into and out of heathrow on the sunday. expensive but at least you can get the flights included with ticket.

From what I can see now cheapest flights you will get into heathrow with Aerlingus from cork will set you back over 250 at this stage, Dub is over 500.00, looks like ryanair have no flights left with times you need.

Considering you will be forking out for the flights anyway thought this might be an option and you'll be guaranteed your ticket.

Advertisement