Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dermalogica products

• 22-02-2009 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hi All,

i just wondering if anyone can give me any feed back on dermalogica products??? I have a year to get my face sorted before my wedding and i want to try this product. i know it can be pretty expensive so feed back would be good:D Also does any one know where you can maybe get the products a bit cheaper???:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Madame Olenska

I have been using Dermologica Products for the last 5 years. I love them expecially the Daily Micro Exfoliator and Skin Smoothing Cream. The Environmental Spray is a joy and the smell of all the products is just devine.

I find that down here in Galway, a good few of the salons using these products have intermitant discounts ranging from 10% to 20% off. Also, www.strawberrynet.com have wonderful prices on the Salon Size bottles which last for ages. Regular Dermologica Facials (Approx 1 per month) have gotten my poor skin that was previously in rag order under control and have calmed down outbreaks. The facials are like Yon-Ka, with that lovely organic oil smell which leaves your skin feeling wonderfully oiled and protected.

Also, the hand cream (smells like liquorice!) and the eye & mouth firming creams are sublime.

I would definately go with the Dermologica, but which ever brand or routine you decide on, stick with it, as you will be under enough stress in the next year with out adding skin outbreaks into the mix

Congratulations on your wedding also!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

TBH, I don't find Dermologica to be any better or any worse than other products. What puts me off Dermologica is the relentless hawking of the stuff that beauticians are involved in. I had a facial for my 29th birthday that I just couldn't enjoy because of the constant 'You should really try Dermologica this and Dermologica that'.

Good luck with the wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

dudara wrote: »
    TBH, I don't find Dermologica to be any better or any worse than other products. What puts me off Dermologica is the relentless hawking of the stuff that beauticians are involved in. I had a facial for my 29th birthday that I just couldn't enjoy because of the constant 'You should really try Dermologica this and Dermologica that'.

Good luck with the wedding.

That is a pain in the backside which is why I buy everything from www.adonisgrooming.com that way you buy only what you want.
    I've tried many products over the years and since I've found Dermalogica I've never been happier with my skin. The odd time I've flirted with Elmis and Murad but still keep going back to Dermalogica as it is always good. I think it is worth the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

I have been using Dermologica Products for years. I love them expecially the Daily Micro Exfoliator and Skin Smoothing Cream. The Environmental Spray is a joy and the smell of all the products is just devine.

I find that down here in Galway, a good few of the salons using these products have intermitant discounts ranging from 10% to 20% off. Also, www.strawberrynet.com have wonderful prices on the Salon Size bottles which last for ages.
    Congratulations on your wedding also!!

+ 1 :D

However if you are looking to clear up any adult acne I have found a cleanser which is amazing and doesnt cost the earth and cleared up my skin when i came off Dianette.

PM me if you want details! I just dont want to get done for off topic posts or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

hi all
    thanks for the replys. they are helpful. I did find that beautican try to get you to take a bottle for every area of your face but i think i'll give it a try and hopefully it will be a sucess ;)

• Advertisement

kizzyr wrote: »
    That is a pain in the backside which is why I buy everything from www.adonisgrooming.com that way you buy only what you want.
    I've tried many products over the years and since I've found Dermalogica I've never been happier with my skin. The odd time I've flirted with Elmis and Murad but still keep going back to Dermalogica as it is always good. I think it is worth the money.

do the do all dermalogica products the only ones i see are male grooming?:confused:

hi i'm not sure how to pm you cos i'm only new at this but i'd really like to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

do the do all dermalogica products the only ones i see are male grooming?:confused:

They do:) They're lots cheaper too and I buy my stuff from that site all the time now.
    hi i'm not sure how to pm you cos i'm only new at this but i'd really like to know?

If you want to PM you click on the user name and a few links come up allowing you to see the personal profile, PM them etc. Click on the PM link and work away as you would with a normal post. It then pops up in the members Private Messages as a new message for them to read. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Boo27

Hi All,

This is my first time using a discussion Board, but I really need some advise..
    I went off my Dianette about 4 Months ago and in the last couple of months my skin has gotten so bad that im finding it hard to go to work.. I breakout on my Jawline and Lower cheeks and this has been continual for 1 month now and it is getting worse. Big huge red inflammed spots are covering my entire lower and side face. I Finally had enough and paid 70 euro for a prescription dermalogica medi bac facial on fri night, and I aslo bought the medibac clearing kit..

After the facial my skin is now 10 times worse (but i hear that this is normal as it must get worse before it gets better) is this true??

I have also been using the Medibac clearing system since morning and evening.. and I have to say that I have seen no improvement.. 3 days! now I am more that likely not given these products enough time to work but Im a desperate at this stage as my skin is so bad:(!! Can someone please help me and give me an idea of the expected timeframes of these products to starting seeing an improvement rather than newer, bigger and more impossible to cover acne showing up.!!

Any responses are deeply appreciated!!! thanks guys,;)

Advertisement