Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heel hooks-are they bad for the 'Sport'?**Contains UFC 95 Spoiler**

2»

Comments

Valmont wrote: »
    I fixed that there for you Neil. I miss those days and the fact that you're about 85kg didn't help things either!

Ah yes, but my guard passing was going nowhere, u make these sacrifices!! :pac: Still love an aul leglock every now and then though!!

LOL, you're too kind. More like 98kilo!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

rovert wrote: »

Great article. Wonder if he robbed his ideas from this thread:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

bit of an old thread but this paper "Anterior cruciate ligament rupture secondary to a ‘heel hook’: a dangerous martial arts technique" was recently brought to my attention. One of the guys on a show in dublin torn his ACL after being heel-hooked and the surgeons in Santry wrote a paper about it.
    The ‘heel hook’ is a type of knee lock used in some forms of martial arts to stress the knee and cause opponent to concede defeat. While the knee is in a flexed and valgus disposition, an internal rotation force is applied to the tibia. Reports are lacking on serious knee trauma as a result of this technique. We report the case of a 32-year-old Mixed Martial Arts exponent who sustained complete anterior cruciate ligament rupture and an medial collateral ligament injury from the use of a ‘heel hook’.

Advertisement