Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Comparative

Options
  • 22-02-2009 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Is it ok to answer on only 2 of the texts we have studied?

I've noticed that often the questions say "in 2 or more of the texts you have studied."

We've barely touched My Oedipus Complex...(Im a repeat!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

blue-army wrote: »
    Is it ok to answer on only 2 of the texts we have studied?

I've noticed that often the questions say "in 2 or more of the texts you have studied."

We've barely touched My Oedipus Complex...(Im a repeat!)

you're advised to answer on 3, because its easier to get marks. but you can answer on 2, as long as you do a very good quality answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 shockhorror27

supposedly you have to have 8 comparisons in your answer. So if you write on three texts, you only have to write four paragraphs because in each paragraph you will be using three texts hence two comparisons - only using 2 texts means you have to write eight paragraphs, which is an awful lot of different random things to write on for a comparative genre, when you can avoid this by using a third text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭tangerinepuppet

My Oedipus Complex should be easy to do some work on by yourself. It wouldn't take long, and it would be very well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Howya ba. If you're just comparing 2 you'd want it to be some f**king essay! Nearly impossible to get full marks just doing 2. And you need at least 15 C's (comparisons) in the essay.

Advertisement