Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am not a spammer or nuisance

Options
  • 22-02-2009 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

This message was sent to my account...

'Hi realgem19, In an effort to combat spammers and nuisance posters, some non-essential features (visitor messages, signatures, etc) have been disabled for users with less than 25 posts. Apologies for the inconvenience, it's in the best interests of all users. If you are new and have any questions, please make use of our Help Desk forum and the Boards Wiki. Thanks.

If you are from the media and want to interact with our users, please go to our Media Interaction forum first to introduce yourself before jumping right in and finding your account suspended. If you are here to promote your products and services or perhaps your great new website, please don't. You may also end up finding your account suspended.'

Huh? What I am supposed to do about this?
    I joined to join, maybe do what one does on a list. I am moving to Galway in the Spring.
    I've done nothing wrong and hope to straighten this out.
    Please advise.
    thanks
    a real gem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

That's a standard message sent to everyone when they join.

I reckon it could be re-done so that the happiness of having the new user (you in this case) join the site could be pushed a bit more while keeping the warnings in the message to the thousands (really, it's been thousands) of spammers and nuisance types we've had sign up but it's not something you need to be concerned about - it wasn't targeted at you for any reason, there's no intended hint that you've done anything wrong.

Welcome to boards and enjoy Galway when you make your way there!

Advertisement