Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband- returning modem

Options
  • 22-02-2009 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi. I purchased the Irish broadband which was the 18.95 package a month. I never used as I moved and the new place had no coverage, it but was stuck in the contract for 6 months. I then rang them to cancel it and they told me that either someone could come and pick it up or i could post it to them. Picking up wasnt an option so I told them I would post it. Anyways, long story short- I completely forgot to post it. I remembered 3 months later. They have not charged me any penalties or contacted me. Anyway, it is almost 6 months later now. Do youy think I should post it back to them? The thing I'm worried about is that they may charge me massive fines or should I keep silent? Please help! I wish I never got it in the first place, I have the 3 mobile broadband now and it is so hassle free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

What reason would you have for keeping it?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

What I'm worried about is that if I return it, they'll say- oh it took him 6 months to return it. Let's charge him fines of 18.95 for each month overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

did you cancel your direct debit or did were you paying by laser?

If your paymetn method wasn't cancelled and they havn't been billing you it's unlikely they'll persure you for service charges for 6 months when the service was cancelled at their end, but get the modem back to the before they bill you for it

Advertisement