Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unknown Plasma model?

• 22-02-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Anyone be able to help me with identifying my plasma tv model, its a 42" and the model label has fallen off. I have attached a picture of the screen menu and connections.
    I need to get a user manual for it.
    By the way its second hand and the remote control or back of the tv have no identifying marks that i can find.
    1 pics attached.
    Thanks for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Do you even know the make of it?

Or have an image of the whole front of TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Must take another picture when i mget home then, this one with the remote and front buttons any use?
    Thanks for your reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

It does not look like a Plasma TV but more a panel.
    Any chance of the full thing with the screen off please?

>Sol

By panel do you mean Lcd? Will take a pic now and upload, no in built speakers and very heavy!

By panel do you mean Lcd? Will take a pic now and upload, no in built speakers and very heavy!
    Panel as in just a screen. Its either a very high end plasma or a very early one.
    >Sol

• Advertisement

As you can see there are no makers mark on the front, just two holes where it was.

Hope you can help

Cheers

I think its a Daewoo, or something of a similar OEM origin.

>Sol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭von Neumann

it's an oldy I think.........

DVI in is very rare haven't seen it on any recent tvs so you could be looking at 5yr+

Contrast ratio appears to be very low, so again an oldy

From the pic it looks like it's at best hd ready and not full hd so again.......

Have a look for serial numbers or exact setting options.

Thanks

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

akaSol wrote: »
    I think its a Daewoo, or something of a similar OEM origin.

>Sol
    Heh, actually, Daewoo is what popped into my head too when I saw the front buttons.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the input, have trawled the net and reckon it is in fact a Daewoo but have not confirmed the model number and/or found the correct user manual as yet. i believe that the native resolution is [FONT=&quot]853x480. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]My question is do ye think that it will accept/downscale a 576i or 576p signal if inputted via component cable and if so what kind of picture could one expect?
    Thanks again
    [/FONT]

Just in case anyone was wondering (which i doubt very much :) ) the model of the plasma is a Daytek (trading company of Daewoo) still no luck with a user manual even though a few real Daewoo ones manuals are very similar.

Anyway if anyone knows the sky remote code for daytek then i would appreciate it

Cheers

Advertisement